Satnogs Network Monitor

As I have mentioned a few times I am obsessed with trying to make something like Nasa’s DSN Now webpage for satnogs.

Well so far I have a map view. (I will add links at the end.)

This map view displays all online stations as gray dots and all stations actively in am observations a green ones.

Each sat that is being actively observed is displayed in its location in the sky on the map with a line connecting it to the ground station observing it.

If a satellite is Black it means it is in eclipse that is it is in the earths shadow. If it is yellow it’s in the sun light.

I plan on adding more pages to this site in the future to make it even better. Jsut be aware that it will always be about the network as a whole.

Https://satnogs.minecraft16.ml

Also it is open source on my gitlab.

Granted I have to do some refactoring.

Just arrived at home and was thinking about this:

It could be a nice overview for schedules, if one could define a time frame and see which station will be busy with what.

Interesting.
I could also add it so you can select a time period and play back past at some speed faster then normal time.

I will work on it some this week end or so.

I will be slowly trying to docker this. And make it work with MapBox GL. But it you don’t have WebGL (which it seems IOS chrome no longer has it.) it will down grade to using LeafLetJS