Triplexer VHF/UHF/L or S Band

In previous (24/1/2019) IRC meeting we discussed about the GS hardware report and we tried to define priorities about the development in GS hardware.

One of the priorities is to develop a triplexer in VHF/UHF/L or S band. Is everyone interested to write about requirements and specifications about triplexer and then design or make a research about the all ready solution?

As a fantastic example, @ar3itrary designed a diplexer for VHF/UHF with a bias-t.

2 Likes

Hi
by coincidence we are working on this, well, a quadriplexer, V, U, L, S band… as soon it will be ready will publish it.

'73 iw1dgg

6 Likes

Hey!!

Nice you can write here about the progress and the specifications, for example the VHF filter is it a low pass filter or a band pass filter to cut out the FM band? What about the insertion losses of each filter?

:beers:

1 Like

Hey, i find this in wiki, could be used as a triplexer.

@iq1ry, do you have any news of the quadriplexer?

:beers:

Hi, the design is done. We have components and we are waiting for the PCB from pcbs.io
Once it is tested, we will let you know.

4 Likes

Any luck, @iq1ry? Would you like more help in testing?

1 Like

Hi all,
We finally managed to have a working quadriplexer. This is how it behave. It need some fine tuning at L-Band and S-Band since we used standard substrate with unknown RF behaviour, which apparently is not perfect for high frequency.
Since we also made a mistake in sending the order, we had to do vias our self, so the final result is not perfect.
We are currently thinking to order new PCBs, may be on a better substrate to make it more predictable. We may also order it already mounted since we used 0603 components which are a bit tricky to mount.

We are just wondering whether there is someone interested, to share the order.

Alberto

5 Likes

@iq1ry Very interested - count me in…

Yeah, I’m also interested! Possibly also in two!

I may also be interested. :slight_smile:

@iq1ry Any update? Do you have the source somewhere?

1 Like

@iq1ry I’m curious if you were able to use the quadriplexer (and even better, if you have it published somewhere?)

Cheers!