New users welcome

Hello everyone,

I’m a statistician working in Cambridge UK. My focus is on complex systems modelling which can be used in a variety of ways such as predicting risk and modelling stochastic behaviour of circuits.

I have limited experience with engineering, but hope my skills in statistical modelling and Decision Support Systems can be of use to the SatNOGS project.

1 Like

Hi Mathis, Berlin here also. Get in touch if you like :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice! Can I find you on IRC or XMPP somewhere?
mathis(at)jabber.berlin.ccc.de here or mathis_ on freenode

You can join us on #satnogs in irc.freenode.net !

1 Like

Hey everybody

Andy here from Switzerland. I’m an Engineering Manager, former Electronics Technician and an avid maker. My expertise is mainly in electronics design (unfortunately not very fit in HF), CAD design, microcontrollers and 3D printing. Since satellite communication is a new field to me, I spent the last weeks reading up everything related to the topic I found on the interwebs as well as digging into the SatNOGS forum and Github.

I am looking forward to contribute to the community and to build a SatNOGS station. Currently, I am working on extending the hardware with additional features like GPS, digital compass and a power feed through from the mast to the box.

Cheers
Andy

1 Like

Hello!

My name is Frank and I am on a NASA CubeQuest Challenge Team. I am looking forward to trying to use your design for our ground stations.

If anyone else is interested in being a part of our ground network, please let me know.

Thanks,

Frank

Hello Everyone,

My name is Dimitris, I study aerospace engineering at Manchester uni and I am originally from Athens. I found SatNOGS a few days ago and it seems like a very interesting project and I would like to contribute to it.

I have experience developing unmanned aerial vehicles(both on the software and hardware side) and I usually write in C/C++ or Python. I have an inherent interest in all space-related activities due to my degree and I believe that SatNOGS could play a very important role in opening up the access to space for everyone.

I have visited hackerspace a couple of times and I plan to spend more time there over the summer, when I will be in Athens.

1 Like

Hello!
I’m Brendan from Cape Town, South Africa. We’re working on our SatNOGS project at the University of Cape Town. We are UCT Maker Society. Anyone from Cape Town can get involved too, just find us on Facebook.

My personal experience as a maker has been wide-spread developing lots of different types of projects, code, robotics, web design, UI design etc. but my field of study is project and business management. I founded the Maker Society and have been trying to promote makers in Cape Town, collaborating with makers from around South Africa.

2 Likes

Hello: My Name is Israel Galvan but I go by Rael. My office is about 2 miles from the Johnson Space Center and have been involved in the Space Industry for over 30 years. I am impressed with your approach. Once I get familiar with your System I hope to contribute. Kindest regards.
IJG

Hello everyone,

I am Emilio from Spain. I am a Telecommunications Engineer student and I am member of a cubesat project at my university (http://granasat.ugr.es/). Currently I am designing the cubesat COMM system as part of my master’s thesis and, in addition, I help in the development and maintenance of our ground station when I have days off.

I hope to contribute to the project :smile:

1 Like

Hey all,

I am Miguel Bergano, just start contributing on SatNOGS. I am a hardware engineer and would like to have a satnog station where I work. I hope that with your help this will be possible,

Hello! My name is Rob and I love SATCOM.

I’m a telemetry technician, so this is my job and my hobby. I’ve been doing this for a few years, and I’ve been developing some satellite tracking hardware based on my professional experiences, which have been very helpful. Needless to say, I was absolutely elated to discover SatNOGS! I’ll be following the program very closely, and would love to contribute in any capacity I can, be it data analysis or otherwise. Maybe I can task an array and compare results some time :smile:

73s and nice to meet you all.
Rob / V73RT

1 Like

Hi there,

I’m Baptiste from France, ham radio operator (call sign F4HHP), studying engineering. I have Python skills and basics knowledge of general electronics. After being able to communicate with a simple station (Baofeng UV-5R with Yagi antenna! + gPredict), now working on my ground station in the next few months.

Baptiste

Hi guys. I’ve heard about you on Reddit/r/rtlsdr but I also had the chance to follow you live today at OSCAL Conference in Tirana.

Well, hope to be able to participate in whatever might get traction around Tirana regarding satellite tracking.

1 Like

Hello,
My name is Steve from Michigan. I saw you guys at Hamvention this past weekend. I’m looking forward to building a tracker. 3D printer is spooled up and ready for the V3 design.

Hey Steve, was good to meet you at hamvention - and welcome!

The v3 files are up, though a couple (the axis gear and spacers still need some adjustment for imperial measurements though)… The rest you could probably get a start on:

Hey guys,

I am student from Prague, Czech Republic. I got to know about this project from European Space Agency summer of code program.

I am looking forward to contribute to the community and the project.

Cheers,
Chinmaya

Hi All,
I’m Simon, a Elec Eng living in rural Southen Alberta, Canada. I knew about you guys from the Hackaday contest last year and it’s good to see that you are progressing with your plans.

I have played a little with hand tracking HAM satellites, and the recent launch of SolarSail prompted me to think more about an automated solution. Hopefully you won’t mind me spamming the forums with lots of questions. Cheers,
Simon
aka Mungewell.

Hi All.

I’m Goyo (It comes from Gregorio but is simpler :wink: )
I’m the head of studies of a technical school at Tenerife in the Canary Islands.
We have found your project last week and we are going to build two or three ground stations in the first week of June 2015.

Our intention is to have them operating continuously.

So, if we can help in any way just tell us.

See you.
Goyo.

2 Likes

Hello,

I’m assembling a rotator and UHF helix for use with a BladeRF. Portability is key as I don’t have a permanent site or even a south facing window. Thankfully there is a convenient park nearby with clear sky view.

I’m looking forward to seeing the V3 rotator come together. I’m in Glasgow, Scotland, so weatherproofing is a serious concern. :smile:

I’m interested to hear how people are dealing with cables and the rotation of the antennas.

Cheers,
Derek
AG6PO

1 Like