We need your Help!

Hello everyone :vulcan_salute:

Hope you are doing well and you are safe,

I would like to introduce you to the LSTN Project, a pilot programme designed and developed to bring Space Technology to the public, by installing a SatNOGS station in Public Libraries. For the sake of this project, a detailed, how-to, SatNOGS guide (called LSTN HandBook) has been compiled offering valuable information on installing, maintaining and troubleshooting a SatNOGS station. At the moment there are 5 Public Libraries participating in this initiative. However, we believe that more communities should be included and we are working towards expanding this project and including more libraries from around the world.

And this is where your help is needed. We need to translate the detailed, SatNOGS guide ( LSTN HandBook) into more languages to make it available to more communities. In addition, this informative walkthrough, if made available in many languages, it will be very helpful for anyone interested in joining SatNOGS but can’t, due to language limitations.

You can find out more about this project and how you can help here.

If you have any questions or you need any clarifications, do let me know,

Thank you,

Nikoletta

8 Likes

Hi, I am Christian from the Library of Santiago de Chile and part of the project. For my part, I will resume the work of translating the LSTN handbook into Spanish.

Greetings! :grinning:

5 Likes

Hi @cristian

Great to hear that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Nikoletta,
I’m already in… registered yesterday!
Today I’m around 25% in Italian’s translation, time permitting I think that in 10 days it will be completed. :+1: :smile:

5 Likes

Hi @i3vfj,

Thank you! It is great to know that! :slight_smile:

Nikoletta

Well, it’s done!
Weblate complains abt few sentences, but I don’t see any mystake :slight_smile:
Let me know if it’s enough…
Anyway, very good job :+1: :+1:

I3VFJ, Vittorio

2 Likes

Thank you so much @i3vfj :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Both for your time and effort. It’s deeply appreciated.

Nikoletta

2 Likes

I find Weblate interface awful. I have been working on translation in Zanata, and it was a nice interface to work with.