Stratosat-TK1 (RS52S) image transmissions

Same here in south Thailand, 8.7 degrees north, 98.3 degrees east

Thanks - Simon HS0ZIB

1 Like

Sure, I will let you know here prior to transmissions

4 Likes

Thanks! I’m located at 38°N, 112.5°E, Maidenhead grid OM68fa.

The images captured by this satellite are truly stunning, and I can’t wait for its transmission when it passes overhead.

——BG7ZDQ

1 Like

I have a problem seeing the decoded (hex data) on the data tab for StratoSat TK-1. I can provide two of my recent observations of this satellite (SatNOGS Network - Observation 10350598, SatNOGS Network - Observation 10350599). When I use gr-satellite to extract the hex frames from the ogg file, I can see them in the output. Do you have any suggestions what might be wrong, or should I make some modifications in the satnogs-client configuration?

Just to be sure, a real time decode (using gr-satellites) isn’t showing decoded frames and a replay with the ogg audio file as input is?

Thank for your response. Yes, exactly as you say. When I try on my local machine with gr-satellites and the downloaded ogg file, I can see the hex frames, but I can’t see them in real time on the observation page.

I found no significant difference to an observation of RS20S, also having GEOSCAN format and an AX.25 framing.

are you running a unmodified client with no pre-/post scripts ?

Yes, I am using an unmodified client, I installed everything according to the installation instructions.

Currently default radio part of SatNOGS (gr-satellites+satnogs-flowgraphs) do not support decoding of stratosat tk-1 protocol. It is achievable if you install SatNOGS_gr-satellites to your SatNOGS Client. With this tool you will be able to actually decode more amateur band satellites.

1 Like

Many thanks for the information, I’ll try later and let you know.

@geoscan After installation and testing, I can confirm that it works. Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

2 Likes