Station problems

Hello,

I’m experiencing some problems with my UHF station, Which i’m unable to solve so far.
Currently i have to stations running nr 281 ( PA2LEN-VHF) and 1149 (PA2LEN-UHF)
281 is running on a Raspberry pi 3b+ with a RTL-SDR v3
1149 is running on a Raspberry pi 4 with a RTL-SDR v3
After reading the message on the forum that it was time to upgrade the software, i first tried it by using satnogs-upgrade, but this didn’t work for me, so i flashed and reinstalled the software.
281 came online without problems and is working and receiving good.
1149 is a different story, after upgrading to software version 2.0.1.0 it was al working fine again. laer i used the upgrade button in the satnogs-setup to check for a further upgrade, and it installed a newer software version. from that moment there where no more audio and waterfall displays on the observation. using soapy sdr server and cubic sdr, i found that the rtl sdr was working fine. Unable to fix this, i re flashed the sd card and did the complete installation again, with no results. Today i found this topic Station doesn't work after update where was mentioned to upgrade the software again, which is did, it upgraded to software version 2.1.0.0. now the uploads where with audio and waterfall again. after running a few observations, i noticed that the signals in the waterfall where very different than usual and all the same:
https://network.satnogs.org/observations/1973006/

I checked my for local noise / QRM around my house and in my shack but there is no source for it.
checking the journalctl for satnogs there aren’t any reports except satnogs service has started.

Any advise for me on this matter?

'73 Lennart

update:

rebooted the pi several times and changed the rtl sdr over to a different usb port (from top to bottom 2.0 port).
this observation looks fine now
https://network.satnogs.org/observations/1974370/
I have no clue why this one is oke and the other ones before so bad.

Will schedule several more for tonight to check if they continue to be ok.

'73 Lennart

1 Like

Thanks for the update, if the issue continues please copy paste here the result of Advanced --> Support in satnogs-setup.

Thank you for your reply Fredy.

Update:
The problem hasn’t occurred again after the previous update.
I can’t figure out what went wrong, and why it didn’t work the first time after reflashing the sd card.
but for now i’m happy that the station is running again and i will switch off testing mode as the observations look as expected.

'73 Lennart

1 Like