SpaceX F9 Transporter-3 - 2022-01-13 15:25UTC

I don’t know, that needs to come from the development team.

Ok… I added the decoder code and did a MERGE reuest… now telling me that I need to wait for someone to accept it… thanks for the guideline

Ready to be merged automatically. Ask someone with write access to this repository to merge this request
2 Likes

cc @DL4PD to take a look on this MR.

@oh2uds when it is merged, in a couple of minutes will be available. Then the next step is to create dashboard in dashboard.satnogs.org. If you haven’t an account there, log in and let me know in order to give you the right access for creating dashboards.

1 Like

Feel free to contact me: I have a fixed version of your decoder.
Let me know if you need any help on creating one!

Hi,

Iforked the code and commit my version of decoder and created a MergeRequest. Looks like it passed all CI steps. What should I do next ? (Also applied your comments now)

1 Like

TLE #51031 seems to be a much better candidate for SanoSat-1 (than #51032)

73 Mike. DK3WN

4 Likes

Not a whole lot unfortunately - we kinda had to had to take whatever was available, it’s a funny story.

Originally, our satellite was supposed to be launched with Spaceflight on Sherpa, but that started leaking fuel on Christmas. We managed to remanifest onto ION, but only because D-Orbit had a spare 3U slot. Personally, I consider remanifestation on 3 hours notice a Christmas miracle :wink:

2 Likes

Fredy: This is Prof Barnhart out of USC. Appreciate this community helping our team track down DODONA. So far we have not had luck hearing from it here at our LA Ground Station. We were released at 1-24-2022 at 0902 UTC from ION. However we are uncertain which one we are in the current swarm of small sats that were released from ION. We are currently following 51008 (ICEYE), 51030, 50988, 51069, 51013, 50995 (we think we this is us…guessing), 50989,51063, 51038, 51039(FLOCK), 51064 (FLOCK), 51065(FLOCK). In case anyone hears us we have an e-mail setup to receive any updates, dodona.satellite@usc.edu. Thanks very much for a great community, this is “hands on” learning! Dave

4 Likes

Hello @usc_serc! Congratulations for your deployment!

The best TLE to follow, and the one we follow in DB and Network, for now is the one of ION deployer as there aren’t any new TLE sets in spacetrack for your deployed satellite. Usually it takes from a couple of hours to a couple of days to have enough separation for separate TLE set. We will continue to schedule observations in Network, if DODONA transmits sooner or later we will get it.

Do you know if with your satellite there was deployment of other satellites in ION deployer?

1 Like

Hello everyone,

There was a slight change of schedule in VZLUSAT-2 deployment from ION, the satellite will be deployed tomorrow (26th January) on 7:04:59 UTC.

@fredy would it be possible to schedule some observations? Our SatNOGS station is unfortunately offline/in testing mode at the moment, due to an issue with rotator (because obviously it will break days before deployment, when else?). Thanks!

3 Likes

VZLUSAT-2 is now scheduled with the TLE set of ION deployer(50993).

2 Likes

Thank you very much! Fingers crossed all goes well :slight_smile:

Beacon transmissions should start 20 minutes after deployment.

1 Like

I just noticed that the scheduled observations are for 9k6 bit rate - the default rate for beacon is actually 4k8.

1 Like

Thanks for checking it, I’m going to fix that…

2 Likes

Observations are now fixed. I have also change to inactive the transmitters in DB that are with the other baudrates. When it is going to change, let us know in order to enable/activate them or even better add a suggestion in DB.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll use the DB suggestion in future.

2 Likes

*** UPDATE ***

Disregard - I found the decoder in gr-satellites plus a sample audio file (which does NOT decode in Direwolf)

I see the 437.325 downlink for VZLUSAT-2 listed as ‘MSK AX.100 Mode 5’.

Is that something that will decode with a standard tool such as Direwolf?

Thanks!

-Scott, K4KDR

Hi Scott,

we didn’t try Direwolf to decode - however, the sample audio should decode in gr-satellites.

1 Like

Yes, it does perfectly. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

we just got a notice from D-Orbit that they did not deploy VZLUSAT-2 in the nominal window. They’re now targeting the backup window at 15:02:31 UTC.

3 Likes