(Solved) Intermittent failed observations

Hi everyone,
I’ve been getting intermittent failed observations with exactly the same hardware set up as before on station #1376.
I used the latest satnogs image for RPi. It’s a 2GB model and I use an airspy mini.
I thought it might have been the timeout being too short. Nope.
Thought it might have been the sample rate (dropped to 3e6 although it had been happy for months at 6e6). Nope.

What is common to the all failed ones is the following line in the debug output:

Assertion ‘close_nointr(fd) != -EBADF’ failed at …/src/basic/fd-util.c:67, function safe_close(). Aborting.

I have absolutely no idea what’s going on here.
Any thoughts?

New setup help no waterfall reported the same error. That user got an “unsupported sample rate” error a bit earlier in the log. Do you get that error as well? If that’s the case, maybe [Solved] RTLSDR unsupported sample rate can help.

That’s a good suggestion but wouldn’t explain why this is intermittent.
Have a look at my observations. Most are totally fine, some fail for no apparent reason or pattern.

Yes, I agree. But without anything useful in the log there isn’t much left but to grasp at straws.

I’ll have another look at it see if I can spot anything else.
The only thing, off the top of my head, is that satnogs calls rotctld and shouldn’t. I don’t have a rotator?

Possible solution:
I had put ‘airspy’ instead of ‘driver=airspy’ in the box where you tell soapy which device you have.

Why on earth would that make any difference intermittently?