Scheduled downtime for site?

Hey Everybody,

I’m going to be moving my station in a few days. Is there a “scheduled downtime” feature, where I could enter date/time where no observations could be scheduled? This might also be helpful for others that use the same set of antennas for other projects temporarily, or when an antenna breaks, etc.

Also, I think I need to change the lat/long in two different places, both on network.satnogs.org/stations/edit/XXX/ and also on the station itself using sudo satnogs-setup. Why two different places?

Thanks!

Bryan KF6ZEO

You could just enter “Testing mode” and leave a note for the observations team (the only ones that could schedule some observations while your station is in this mode).

They will respect any of your notes, so if you, e.g., have any preference on satellites, just write it into your station description :wink:

1 Like

This will change sooner or later. There are plans to provision the client with configuration pulled from the network. The operator will only need to set the API key and station ID.

2 Likes

Clarification: Only admins of the network have access to schedule in a station in testing mode.

Downtime scheduling is requested again, I think we have an issue about it, if not I’ll open one. It is something that I want to implement soon.

Until then, the safest way is to go offline (software way is to run sudo systemctl stop satnogs-cient.service and changing stop with start for getting it online again). The other way is testing mode as @DL4PD described, with a note in station’s description if there is a specail request/needs.

1 Like

Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll just take the station offline, and hopefully people that have scheduled observations won’t be too mad.

After the client is stopped, I can manually change the lat/long in /etc/default/satnogs-client, and that’s it? When it starts back up it will read this config? Or should I start the client and change the lat/long via sudo satnogs-setup?

Thanks.

Either will work… just don’t forget to hit apply in satnogs-setup after changing lat/long :slight_smile: