I’m hacking on a SatNOGS station monitor. There are several motivations which led to this project, some are:
- I wanted to know…
- …what my station is doing.
- …what observations are up next.
- …is the station working at all.
- I want to do all this within my terminal and it should be fast.
- Have something I can show potential new ground station owners. It’s easier when you can show something in realtime while talking over SatNOGS.
- Play around with the network/db API
- I needed a project to learn some more Rust.
The current state is already useful to me but in an very early stage where I play around with concepts and layout possibilities. You’ll have to change the source if you want monitor your station.
The most interesting thing for me right now is what information other station operators are interested in and want to see in something that calls itself station monitor. Any input on this is highly appreciated!
And just because I hate it, when someone teases me with an image without showing a single line of code, even if it’s a huge mess… here is the mess: