I’m very new to all of this. I’m looking to build the SatNOGS rotator V3 and the rotator controller to start my ground station off. However I’m very confused. I only just figured out after doing some digging that you have to get a custom PCB printed for the rotator controller. There also doesn’t seem to be a complete list of parts for the electronics of the rotator. I have so many questions, so I’m just going to number them and hope one of you kind folks can help me out in my quest to ready up for my build!
- Is V2 the latest version of the rotator controller? If so are clones of the discontinued Arduino Pro mini acceptable for use in place of the original?
- Is there a list of all the individual bits I need to put the rotator controller together?
- Is there a comprehensive step by step guide for assembly?
- What motors do you use for the rotator?
- Is there a more detailed guide on rotator assembly than the one that is available on the wiki?
- Is there a universally accepted comprehensive required item list for the rotator?
- Is there any detailed information on the power supply of the rotator controller? If so where can I find it? (There’s nothing substantial on the wiki).
- If all of these questions have been answered a million times and you are sick of hearing them, could you point me in the direction of the answers please? I’m keen to help myself as much as much as possible in addition to getting help from others.
Sorry for asking so many questions and thank you for your time. I just need someone to hold my hand for a bit until I find my feet and can start giving back to the community!
Look forward to hearing from you all,