Parasitic Lindenblad on UHF

Hello all,

I have been experimenting with a UHF Parasitic Lindenblad build based on this AMSAT article. The hope is to create an easily built (with 3D printer) antenna with good reception for a non-rotator setup.

This antenna will soon go live in @fredy 's ground station for testing.

9 Likes

VNA_170707_145141.pdf (127.5 KB)

The VNA measurement of it attached.

A quick update before a more detailed post.

Antenna works good, especially on low degrees passes. The lowest elevation at which I received signal was on 3 degrees and I’m surrounded by buildings and some mountains on the background.

You can have a look at results on dev-network (don’t be confused by the photo, I haven’t updated it with the new setup).

I’ll make a post with more details on my station and its performance after finished some more experiments. Hopefully will be ready soon to be moved on production network.

3 Likes

Hi fredy,
how is the antenna performing, have you put somewhere the 3d printing sources?

Unfortunately I had some issues and it went off and I haven’t managed to get it online. However I’m planning in the next days to get it up again. From what I remember, the performance (with an LNA) it was fair enough for my noisy environment.

I haven’t construct it, maybe @BOCTOK-1 can point us to the 3d designs.

Nice job! That is the exact same article that I used to build my Lindenblad, currently on station 663 (KB4NKO - Jonesboro, VA). It performs well, especially for a stationary antenna. I can confirm that it even does well at low passes. I like seeing the 3-D printing as well. I would recommend that you publish your STLs on Thingiverse.

2 Likes

My UHF station uses this antenna. No LNA, indoors (attic). It’s ok, but really not what I’d hoped. But I suspect that my expectations were WAY too high. I would like to move it outdoors at some point to see how much that improves the reception.

–Roy
K3RLD