Observation 4122516: DIY 1 (47963)

Thank you @fredy !!!

1 Like

I added a new chart which is ā€œTime Since Last Resetā€.
I need to know how to convert the data that is a timestamp hhmmss to seconds, applying the formula sg = (hh * 3600) + (mm * 60) + ss
I am new to using Grafana, if you can help me I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!

I should have stated that this is already done in the Kaitai decoder! Please have a look at https://gitlab.com/librespacefoundation/satnogs/satnogs-decoders/-/blob/master/ksy/diy1.ksy#L78

1 Like

Thank you @DL4PD , I already saw that that is correct, sorry, I did not know that it was done I am learning a little how this is.

1 Like

Nvm, feel free to ask!

1 Like

We want to add in the Dashboard the name of the last station that contributed a frame, with the wiki documentation I canā€™t understand how to do that. Can someone explain to me? Thanks

can someone help me, thanks!

Iā€™m pinging @DL4PD as he probably could help, but I suggest also you take a look at other dashboards that have similar panel and copy and edit the panel to customize it.

1 Like

Thanks @fredy for the answer, I have seen a panel in another dashboard that does this, but I do not have editing permission so I cannot see how it is done.
I hope if @DL4PD can help us.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry, I missed this message!
Let me try to copy the 24hrs leader from Bobcat-1 to your dashboard, if that fits your needs!?

1 Like

No problem for the delay, thank you.
The Bobcat-1 is a very good example, so it would be useful to me.
Cubebel-1 would also serve me well, which has just what I was looking for.
If possible, I would like to have one of the 2 and if not the one that can be done, to investigate how it can be done.
Thank you!

2 Likes

Today reviewing I saw that I can access to see and edit in Scratchpad of the Cubebel-1 and Bobcat-1, so I could already make some changes in the dasboard of the DIY-1 taking those examples.

I was also seeing that the link that points to the DIY-1 dashboard (https://db.satnogs.org/satellite/47963), is doing it to the Scratchpad, does anyone know how it can be changed to Telemetry?

3 Likes

Let me fix this quicklyā€¦

1 Like

Thanks very much @DL4PD!

1 Like

@ DL4PD we have been seeing Satnogs stations that are receiving (for example, SatNOGS Network - Observation 5081212 or SatNOGS Network - Observation 5081211) and decoding DIY RTTY telemetry -1 and this data is not reflected in the Grafana dashboard.
Is there something that is missing or that can be done so that it is reflected in the dashboard?

Thanks,
73 by LU6APA.

Sorry for the late reply.

I think we need some modifications to the satnogs-decoder, but I still need to check that.

Thank you, we hope you can check it

As described in issues, the data are not forwarded in DB from Network because data for observation with FM mode are not forwarded, as we donā€™t expect any FM mode transmission to produce any data. There is an issue for allowing forwarding data from FM mode, however this may take time to be fixed. For a quick solution please suggest the right mode for DIY satellite in SatNOGS DB - DIY 1.

1 Like

Huge thanks @fredy for your explanation to you and @DL4PD . According to
your indication I have left a suggested transmission as a third transmitter to test
and see if the datas are forwarded.

Regards.

Gustavo.

Seems not implemented yet. Who is configuring in which mode the observations are taken? Can I implement/configure it myself?