Observation 4122516: DIY 1 (47963)

Regarding Observation 4122516
Hi,

Jan, PE0SAT, has published a new type of transmitter for the DIY-1, FSK 500 BD, but I think it is wrongly set for downloading and decoding the recording. I leave you a recording in which the RTTY FM mode is used.
I hope the FSK 500BD mode setting can be corrected for the benefit of all.

73 Gustavo, LW2DTZ

1 Like

I have changed the baud value to 1200, this should be wide enough.
With these new telemetry option we need to find out what is best.

Please let me know if this correction is working.

Maybe we can combine the RTTY and FSK 500b and make a single FSK 1200 baud transmitter that can be used for both telemetry options.

1 Like

Hi Jan

After several tests with the configuration of the transmitter 2 mode U-FSK 500 B, I recommend deleting it since it was impossible to rescue data of the audio.

Regards.

73 Gustavo, LW2DTZ

1 Like

Hi Gustavo,

I have removed the transmitter.
Are you able to decode RTTY and FSK 500 based data with the current transmitter definition?

All the best PE0SAT

Hi Jan,

Seems to work fine. I’m looking at the possibility of making a dashboard now that the uz7ho software has given us that possibility. Do I need a special permit?

Regards.

Gustavo.

I guess you do, but I am not familiar with the Dashboard.

@LW2DTZ for getting a dashboard, first we need to create the decoder that will decode the data in DB and make them available in the grafana dashboards.

For that please open an issue in https://gitlab.com/librespacefoundation/satnogs/satnogs-decoders/-/issues with all necessary details on how to decode the frames. if you can create the katai struct for your satellite and open an MR that would be ideal. :slight_smile:

For permissions to Dashboard, you first need to login in dashboard.satnogs.org (with the same credential you login here) and let us know so we can create a team for DIY satellite team, give the necessary permissions and add you as member of the team.

Let me know if anything is not clear.

2 Likes

Gustavo can you please share more details on FSK 500 and telemetry that is being send.

1 Like

The description posted on twitter is at least “inaccurate” (no front!).

We can see five additional bytes at the beginning of each packet and the last delimiter behind ssb is missing:

❯ echo "243500002E243030303831382C30352C30372C31362C3034382C3336342C2D3132342C2D392C2020302C31342C32302A0A0000"|xxd -r -p -
$5.$000818,05,07,16,048,364,-124,-9,  0,14,20*

Are those values width-fixed?

1 Like

Hi,

The $ 5 should actually be omitted just like the next two characters.
Those four characters are fixed and the same in all packets and control.

Gustavo.

[image]

2 Likes

Sorry I told you four but it’s actually five and fixed in all sentences.

243500002E

They for control and are not part of the telemetry sentence.

Gustavo.

[image]

2 Likes

Could you provide the bit mapping of ssb as clear text (not an image)?

1 Like

I attached a file for better understand.fsk_tlm.txt (1.1 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks, it’s just for the “copy and paste” documentation :wink:

1 Like

It would be nice for the initial dashboard if you could provide an image of the satellite.
Nvm if you don’t have one at the moment, I just added the default DB image for it!

If you have data already that you could provide to satnogs-db: please start feeding it! The decoder is on its way to be deployed!

1 Like

Of course I send it one.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, this is nice, but I wanted to ask for a mission patch or similar… sorry for the confusion :see_no_evil:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

https://dashboard.satnogs.org/goto/L2ysdN3Gz

@LW2DTZ please let us know when you log into dashboard.satnogs.org