I just installed Gpredict for windows. Thank you for a Windows release!
I have done: Toolbar, Edit, Update transponder data.
A dialog opens and the progress bar fills and finished is the posted. It doesn’t really spend anytime doing this but I do have a fast PC and a fast internet connection.
Currently, it is unclear what “Update transponder data” does. I thought it might grab the various frequencies from a satellite of interest.
Is there a file I can create, edit, etc. for adding the frequency data?
I only have a few of basic amateur satellites (e.g., SO-50) that have been around for a while. Opening the link you posted of the DB shows 4 transmitters for SO-50. I have none in Gpredict even after Updating transponder data.
I would be happy to download the database outside of Gpredict if I first knew where to get it, a second, I knew where to store it.
I am experiencing the same experiencing the same on two different PCs, on two very different networks. The only connection from one to the other is TeamViewer.
I found the trsb directory and the only files in it were modes.json and transmitters.json. A friend sent me his directory contents and when I pasted it in, I have frequencies and modes for each satellite present. It isn’t really a fix but I can run with it.
Start up start:
2018/06/26 18:16:42|3|sat_log_init: Session started
2018/06/26 18:16:42|4|sat_cfg_load: Everything OK.
I updated the TLEs. Apparently, there are two files with the same satellites. Best guess anyway.
2018/06/26 18:20:31|2|…/src/tle-update.c:read_fresh_tle: Two different statuses for 25338 (NOAA-15) at the same time.
2018/06/26 18:20:31|2|…/src/tle-update.c:read_fresh_tle: Two different statuses for 28654 (NOAA-18) at the same time.
2018/06/26 18:20:31|2|…/src/tle-update.c:read_fresh_tle: Two different statuses for 33591 (NOAA-19) at the same time.
2018/06/26 18:20:31|2|…/src/tle-update.c:read_fresh_tle: Two different statuses for 37849 (SUOMI NPP) at the same time.
2018/06/26 18:20:31|2|…/src/tle-update.c:read_fresh_tle: Two different statuses for 43013 (NOAA 20) at the same time.
Started Radio Control, was on AO-73, then switched to SO-50:
2018/06/26 18:20:47|1|…/src/trsp-conf.c: Error reading C:\SPB_Data\Gpredict\trsp\39444.trsp: No such file or directory
2018/06/26 18:20:52|1|…/src/trsp-conf.c: Error reading C:\SPB_Data\Gpredict\trsp\27607.trsp: No such file or directory
And if I looked at other satellites, no doubt the same error would exist for each one. Files are not present.
This Windows 10 machine is brand new and it is a screamer. I do 3D modelling and PCBs on it across two big monitors.
Now I am curious if this Windows build has older code or something from the past was re-introduced. But that seems almost unlikely since others have the Windows version and they get data. My friend that supplied some transponder files has a Windows version that works while his Linux version doesn’t. Though, I believe his Linux version is older.
The problem was coming from recently added transmitters of IRVINE-01 satellite (not yet launched). For some reason there were duplicate entries that lack the satellite field and they causing the error. Still checking why we had those duplicates, anyway I’ve removed the duplicates and now works fine.
Please confirm that now you get the right content when you update frequencies in Gpredict.
@fredy, I must of checked while you were reporting it fixed. I immediately came back here and you had just posted! Cool timing! As far as I can tell, everything is back to normal. Thank you for your help!
@csete, Gpredict didn’t create an error for getting a page of html rather than json stuff. It might be useful if the Update transponder dialog indicated a failure. Thank you for at least considering this!
This is really an awesome combination of efforts and I am thankful for everyone involved!
I was starting from a blank page. I had no transponder data. When I received the files from a friend and then it appeared to look like it worked. Actually what worked was Gpredict. It read the files and all looked good. It just couldn’t refresh them. Removing the files or most of them reaffirmed something was broken.
If it had worked for you in the past, then you already had transponder files. You would have likely never noticed, unless, there was a satellite update you were specifically interested in. For example, let’s say the ISS frequency moved up 10MHz, and you were specifically looking for that change then you would have noticed the data wasn’t updated.
If Gpredict just deleted everything first assuming new data would be available, then it would have been obvious sooner, and to more people I assume. Of course, this is not a recommendation.