New CubeSat: QARMAN

Hello everyone,

QARMAN, the re-entry CubeSat we developed at the von Karman Institute (VKI) in Belgium, is currently waiting deployment inside the ISS. According to the last update we received, the deployment in orbit is planned for the week of 20th January (to be confirmed and refined).

Could you please add QARMAN to the database? It would be really nice to have a dashboard to visualize the beacon telemetry, but I don’t have the skills for that. Is there anyone willing to help?

Here is the beacon information. It will be updated on our website as soon as possible (in the coming days):

Frequency: 437.350 MHz (as coordinated by IARU)

Periodicity: every 2 minutes in nominal modes (Phase 0, Phase 1, Phase 2); every 10 minutes in Safe Mode and Low Power Mode.

Modulation: GMSK

Protocol: AX.25 (UI frames)

Content (information field): 74 bytes in Phase 0, Phase 1, Phase 2, Safe modes; 39 bytes in Low Power Mode. * For decoding the content, please refer to the attached file.

To: ON4VKI

Space segment transceiver: Li-100 (Astrodev)

6 Likes

Some useful docs:

Is there anything else I should/could provide? Any advice is very welcome :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for the details!

I have opened issues to add the details in DB and to prepare for the deployment:

I’ll keep updated both the issues and this thread.

3 Likes

Thanks @fredy!

Fresh update from this morning: the deployment is now planned for 12 February… I think it might still change a few times by then… :wink:

And here is a slightly updated beacon specification (171.0 KB) .

3 Likes

Short update:

4 Likes