New CubeSat: QARMAN

Thank you very much!
QARMAN transitioned to Phase 2, and panels have been released. We have good signs that they are deployed! We also now have a confirmation that antennas deployed correctly in the beginning of the mission.
Regarding TLEs, we are pretty sure QARMAN is 1998-067-RG (still labelled as SOCRATES, but should change in the coming days according to Space-Track).

2 Likes

Btw: are you interested in modifying that dashboard to fit your needs?

Hi all,

Jimmy speaking here, I am technical support at VKI’s ON4VKI’s Ground Station working with @amandine_on4eya
Just to warn you that we have lost communication with QARMAN since the 13/07/2020 20:43 (UTC), this was the time of the last beacon.
The temperatures were rising tremendously on the last beacon we received.
I have checked with our engineering model, and made sure it was nothing to do with our Ground Station.
No beacon yesterday either

2 Likes

Can you share what temperatures you were seeing in the last telemetry?

Hello !
Finally back from maternity leave, sorry for not being very responsive over the last months…

No good news about QARMAN :frowning: :
We have not received any beacon since 14 July. In the last ones, we can see the temperatures rising (see this graph (217.8 KB) or the dashboard). QARMAN experienced a similar raise of temperatures in May but never stopped beaconing at that time.

We are investigating the situation. One possibility is that the radio temperature reached the over-temp threshold and is now transmitting at lower power. I could not find even a faint signal on any waterfall, though.

We will keep you posted, and would welcome any suggestion!

2 Likes

Hi everyone!
Update after running simulations yesterday: it appears that QARMAN experienced two very long periods of constant sunlight (instead of the usual 1h sunlight/30 min eclipse):

• first from 15 May 2020 11:09:17.285 until 18 May 2020 02:43:27.760 for a total duration of 228850.475 s (63h34min12s)
  • second from 13 Jul 2020 14:32:02.544 until 17 Jul 2020 16:11:51.715 for a total duration of 351589.171 s (97h39min50s)
    That matches perfectly with the temperature raises we can see in the beacon. Since it did not recover after the last sunlight period, I am afraid it is permanently damaged. :cry:
    So we have very little hope that we will ever hear from Qarman again, but we keep investigating the situation.
3 Likes