Motionlab Berlin vetting as failed instead of bad

will someone please educate Motionlab Berlin about vetting again, or forbid them from scheduling my gs?

1 Like

We have reached out again via email to the user.

We need to find a way to “protect” ourselves as we grow from accidental or neglected vetting. There are open technical issues on the satnogs-network repository (like the ability to re-vet as a ground station owner), and ongoing discussions on how to do that in scale (crowd-sourcing vetting, ML automation and other).

On the specific “issue” with @motionlab, I will be deactivating temporarily their account once the notice we sent over email expires, until they respond and confirm that they read the vetting guidelines.

On a more specific note, @bob please, once again be considerate to the rest of the community. Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi,

I am very very very sorry for this. This was not an attempt to harm the system or causing any trouble. I was trying to spend as much time of my spare time to support the project and schedule and vote to have more data in the system. I am very very sorry if this causes trouble. I think I better stop schedule recordings outside my station not to cause more trouble. Please accept my apologizes. Again, I am very very sorry for this as I am huge fan of SatNogs and just tried to support.

Greetings
Ansgar

2 Likes

Hey Ansgar!

Thanks for your speedy response!

We would love contribution and participation to SatNOGS to be a learning experience too for all.

Have you reviewed the vetting/rating guidelines? We can go through them again with you over chat on riot.im and help you with the process.

You don’t have to stop voting (or scheduling). Just let’s make sure together, this is done in a proper way :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your contributions, cheers!

1 Like

Hi
I read them, this was just a huge misunderstanding. I thought by voting them “failed” it would save you resources as you don’t need to store or process them. It’s my fault. And again I am very very very sorry causing so much trouble. In order not to make more people angry I better stop for now scheduling recordings outside my station. Again thank so you so much for this wonderful outstanding system. I would love to support more but I think it’s better to let it calm down for now.

Greetings
Ansgar

I suggest you keep scheduling to your system and vetting the observations there for a while. Then we can review them with the help of other community members, and you can expand your contributions to other stations too :wink:

1 Like

Hi,

this sounds like a wonderful solution the gain reputation in the community again. Thank you. :slight_smile:
And again to everyone: I am very very sorry for this.

Greetings
Ansgar

3 Likes

You are very welcome to join us at the matrix channel!
We can (and do!) discuss a lot of things in a very easy way there!

Hi,
I would love to. :slight_smile: As a python developer I would love to support the project and I already try my best here in Berlin to make this project more public and try to engage people into this project (eg the NASA hackathon or meetups).

Greetings
Ansgar

2 Likes

https://riot.im/app join room #satnogs :wink:

I’m sorry, but I agree 100% with @bob on this issue .
I checked my GS’s again today and I see mainly RED again (now deleted), even one that shows a couple bursts of data, #300135.