So I was looking at this post and was thinking of making an antenna like this.
- would the entire antenna being in an ABS enclosure cause any issues with reception?
and now a few questions in one. On this site it gives some calculations and I see the definitions at the bottom of the page, but I just wanted to ask a few things and confirm a few things that I think I got figured out.
- conductor diameter. What acctully is this part? the copper antenna wire diameter? what does definition mean by tube or coaxial cable? I think this may be talking about the core of the antenna? the grey vertical plastic rod in the pictures?
- if I am doing nothing fancy and just want good general reciption for cube sats and the like. Should the rest of the settings be left default ( cept bend radius, will ask that in question 4 ) so twists, length of one turn, width height ratio all stock? like I kinda get the definitions, but is why would I use lets say 2 wavelength circumference for length of one turn vs default of 1?
- is this bending radius talking about how much it takes to bend the blue wire in the pics? i.e. it is used to calcuate the diffrence between D1 and Dc1 or D2 and Dc2? if not what is this used for?
- why does it refrence a bigger and smaller loop? are 2 out of the 4 big and other 2 small? or something else going on?
- Lastly what is the briefest article about assemble and what not that would also likley answer the above questions LOL.
Thanks for any help all! just trying to get some stuff setup and wanted to give this antenna a go!