Today we will test our image beacon
Transmittions scheduled (UTC):

10:45:00
15:27:00
17:01:00
23:39:00
23:40:10

3 Likes

Will you schedule observations on the Network for this or do you need help with that? I just scheduled a few stations for the 10:45UTC transmission.

1 Like

I planned to do that. But help would be appreciated:)
Thank you!

How long is each transmission? In other words, how long before/after each of those times should we schedule observations?

You can keep track of what Iā€™m scheduling via this link:
https://network.satnogs.org/observations/?norad=53385&observer=214&station=&start=&end=&transmitter_mode=&page=1

Right now Iā€™m using 10 mins before and 10 mins after each of your timestamps.

Transmission is about one minute long. Timestamps are times of transmission start. Itā€™s clearly visible here SatNOGS Network - Observation 6773511

1 Like

Okay, then the observations I scheduled should cover these transmissions. Fingers crossed your experiments will work!

1 Like

gr_satellites seems to catch a bunch of frames: SatNOGS Network - Observation 6773620

Yes. That was partially preparation for this scheduled transmission. Thank you

is there any explanation on the shift in frequency during the pass ?
quite visible here https://network.satnogs.org/observations/6764586/

Maybe it is a shift in receiving? Iā€™ve seen some examples when it was station thing

@PE0SAT According SatNOGS Network - Observation 6782301
Have you been able to collect data and parse image with @jupitersaturn09 script?

I guess a long TX period and this changes the internal temperature and has influence on the LO freq

I will give it a try, until now I havenā€™t been very successful

1 Like

I am unable to create a jpg image file from this observation.

This is what I tried:

Replay the recorded IQ file from this observation and decoded the reception with UZ7HO geoscan sound modem version 0.2.

This gave the following output file

Then used this file as input for the script made by jupitersaturn09

The output jpg isnā€™t recognized a image file and not visible.

I clearly miss something.

all three of my stations are quite stable and they shouldnā€™t show the same drift if it were local to each. the same can be seen on most stations including geoscan: SatNOGS Network - Observation 6781332
It looks like it always goes lower after starting the high rate tx, so Jan might be correct.
a ppm or a few perhaps.

Yes, that was my second version, it might be true. Thank you