According to wiki this firmware hasn’t been tested in v1 board.
Well, now it has! I have tested it. And here is what I found…
The firmware works fine with this V1 board, except that you must tune the settings, just as azisi suggested.
Setting / Original Value / New Value
MICROSTEP / 8 / 16
MIN_PULSE_WIDTH / 20 / 20 (unchanged)
MAX_SPEED / 3200 / 1600
MAX_ACCELERATION / 1600 / 1600 (unchanged)
SPR (steps per revolution) / 1600L / 200L
The post from g7kse (which showed same symptoms as mine) suggests that the max speed is set higher than the stepper can handle, so reduce max speed. The whining cry from the motor is it telling us that it is getting steps at a higher frequency than the motor is designed for.
My unit was also going to the wrong locations - rotating much more than desired. This was because the steps per revolution was way off.
Now the device goes to where it is supposed to go, and without hanging up. I do notice that the stepper controller heat sinks get very hot - may be normal… I will still go back and check the current settings.
Anyway, I am working on a utility that will allow you to use the AMSAT SatPC32 satellite tracker (which does not, by itself, support hamlib or easycomm) with the SatNOGS rotor; I will post something about this when it is working. -thanks & 73- Bill, AB4EJ