Automatic scheduler

Hi, look at this post back from a discussion in July 2023. Here I have provided my documentation about setting up the satnogs-auto-scheduler. :slight_smile: Maybe this helps. :wink:

You can check if your auto-scheduler works by appending the -n option, which computes the passes but does not schedule them, by simply running your command within the satnogs-auto-scheduler directory (In your case this the directory where you have installed the package by running the virtualenv, pip install, commands โ€ฆ). E.g. as provided within the README file you can run following command:

schedule_single_station.py -s <ground station ID> -n

where you need to replace <ground station ID> with your ground station ID, e.g. 3045.

Note that you have to change beforehand into the the respective directory, e.g. by running following command:

cd /home/pi/satnogs-auto-scheduler/env/bin/

As I can see from your posts from above the correct path for you is:

cd /home/pu4elt/env/bin/

since you did not setup a new folder prior to installation.

To know if your crontab work, I would suggest to set your crontab timestamp to something in the future and simply look if your satnogs-auto-scheduler schedules the desired satellite passes. There are crontab time generator available, just google them. :wink: Moreover, there are some other general ways to test if a cron-job works. Just google for โ€œHow to verify if crontab is workingโ€. :slight_smile:

1 Like