Wiki tab no longer works

Just clicked on the Satnogs wiki tab and got this.

Whoops! The default skin for your wiki, defined in $wgDefaultSkin as chameleon , is not available.

Your installation seems to include the following skins. See Manual: Skin configuration for information how to enable them and choose the default.

• monobook / MonoBook ( disabled )
  • timeless / Timeless ( disabled )
  • vector / Vector ( disabled )
  • chameleon / chameleon ( disabled )

If you have just installed MediaWiki

You probably installed from git, or directly from the source code using some other method. This is expected. Try installing some skins from mediawiki.orgā€™s skin directory, by:

Doing this should not interfere with your git repository if youā€™re a MediaWiki developer.

If you have just upgraded MediaWiki

MediaWiki 1.24 and newer no longer automatically enables installed skins (see Manual: Skin autodiscovery). You can paste the following lines into LocalSettings.php to enable all installed skins:

wfLoadSkin( ā€˜MonoBookā€™ ); wfLoadSkin( ā€˜Timelessā€™ ); wfLoadSkin( ā€˜Vectorā€™ ); wfLoadSkin( ā€˜chameleonā€™ );

If you have just modified LocalSettings.php

Double-check the skin names for typos.

I donā€™t understand why & how this came about. Iā€™m a firm believer in If itā€™s not broken donā€™t fix it so I have done nothing to bring this about and I donā€™t understand what this means and how to fix it? I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction. Iā€™m not a programmer. My skills are strictly hardware.

Thanks in advance, 73 Bob vk2byf

Can you describe detailed steps to reproduce?

Iā€™ve tried from both network.satnogs.org and db.satnogs.org the wiki links (on the header menu at the top) and both work fine and load https://wiki.satnogs.org/Main_Page.

1 Like

from the network page I just clicked on the Wiki tab at the top of the page which took me to https://wiki.satnogs.org/Main_Page which used to take me to the wiki page but now I get the above message instead.

I did not do any upgrades as everything is running just fine. Did I miss an upgrade or perhaps there was an automated upgrade which needed some intervention?? No idea. Have to go out for a while so there will be a delay before I can respond again.
Bob

Thatā€™s very strange, not sure what is going on as I can not reproduce it.

Some generic steps that may solve or help with the issue:

1. Try hit Ctrl+F5 on the wiki page, maybe something cached causes the issue
  2. Try to visit this page, https://wiki.satnogs.org/Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-rendering and if it opens check the available skins and maybe choose another skin and save it.
1 Like

@fredy I tried this while logged in and not logged in, in ā€œincognitoā€ mode and not, with Firefox and Chromium and Iā€™m unable to reproduce.

@vk2byf The wiki page has nothing to do with any upgrades on your satnogs-client (e.g. your Raspberry Pi if thatā€™s what you use). Are you logged in to the wiki or viewing anonymously?

1 Like

It works normally again.
I did nothing to fix it.
Even left the PC running while I was out.
Previously I was logged in when I tried to access the wiki page.
All good. Thank you all for your responses.

2 Likes