Update to the "Invalid Signature ..." problem in the Troubleshooting document

The trouble shooting document: Troubleshooting - SatNOGS Wiki

gives a solution that no longer works: apt-key is now deprecated.

root@satnogs:/home/satnogs# apt-key --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg add < k
Warning: apt-key is deprecated. Manage keyring files in trusted.gpg.d instead (see apt-key(8)).

this page: repository - What commands (exactly) should replace the deprecated apt-key? - Ask Ubuntu
documents how to do this now.

Here’s what I did:

wget -qO - http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/librespace:/satnogs-unstable/Raspbian_10/Release.key >k
gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring ./temp-keyring.gpg --import k
gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring ./temp-keyring.gpg --export --output k.gpg
mkdir /etc/apt/keyrings
mv k.gpg /etc/apt/keyrings/satnogs2.gpg
vi /etc/apt/sources.list.d/satnogs.list
insert a signed-by statement, as:
deb [signed-by=/etc/apt/keyrings/satnogs2.gpg] /repositories/home:/librespace:/satnogs/Raspbian_11 - openSUSE Download ./

If there’s a way I can update that document directly (e.g. with a pull request), please let me know.

Glen

1 Like

Hi @kc0iyt ,

thank you for offering to fix the documentation! Unfortunately the SatNOGS wiki login is broken for an embarrassingly long time, so editing is not possible. But it should be fixed in a few days and I’ll post an update here once it is done.

Beyond that, starting with the SatNOGS Image 2023111400 the “Invalid signature” error should not be possible to trigger anymore (until 2025 if there is no release made in the meantime). Since the wiki can’t be edited currently we don’t link to this latest release yet, thus leading to this bug still being visible.

Best wishes,
Fabian

1 Like

The SatNOGS wiki login is fixed now, so you should be able to edit the document directly by following this link (assuming you are logged-in): Troubleshooting - SatNOGS Wiki

I’ve also updated the documentation to link to the latest SatNOGS Image release, thus new station operators wont get the apt-key deprecation warning anymore.

2 Likes