Troubleshooting ROTCTLD Container failure in Docker software

Hey there,
I am having trouble using rotctld to run the spid MD-03 controller via SATNOGS. I already configured the controller on the GS computer via serial port and rotcld was communicating perfectly to the controller.
On installing rotcld in Docker (I am using Docker for SATNOGS), all the configurations in the docker.compose yml file were correct, the rotctld container was up and running in Docker however it cannot detect the controller.
It kept on brining an error of doesnt recognise the serial port i defined to the controller as " /ttyUSB0".

Could it be because I have not connected the controller to ethernet, thats why it cant be read?

Anyone with any advice of how to solve this hurdle and successfully run the controller in Docker?

In my setup I use the symlink that points to the actual device and map that into the container as such:

devices:
      - '/dev/serial/by-id/usb-FTDI_FT232R_USB_UART_A10LLTAK-if00-port0:/dev/ttyUSB0'

You can find your device with ls -l /dev/serial/by-id/ and map that to /dev/ttyUSB0 as seen above. Do note the colon separated string.

Thanks