Station offline message send to old email address

Hi Admin,

Recently I received a “Your SatNOGS station #nnnn is offline” message on an email address that isn’t associated (any more) in my email settings. When the email address will finally expire, I wouldn’t be notified anymore of station failures.

Greetings,
Fred Jan

I’ve notified the ops, it will be fixed as soon as possible. Thanks for letting us know!

1 Like

Hi @fjkraan . The emails are sent on the primary email address of your account. Please check that your email settings are correct.

Hi Acinonyx,

Thanks for the response. I did check the email settings again, and the email address I receive the message on is not listed anymore. I changed that some time (months) ago.

Greetings,
Fred Jan

P.S. The notification for your forum message arrived at the correct email (primary) address…

1 Like

The email for your forum account is not necessarily the same as the email for your account on network.satnogs.org

Just to add to the confusion: the email I received the station-offline-message on is only present as a secondary address in the forum settings, not at all in the network.satnogs.org settings. But I’ll remove it in the forum settings too…

Fred Jan

1 Like

These mails are not automated. Sometimes @BOCTOK-1 picks up an the email address from his older emails and this is what must have happened in this case.

1 Like