SpaceX F9 : Transporter-10 Rideshare : VSFB SLC-4E : 2024-03-04 22:05 UTC

Hello! Thanks to the SIDS upload capability of the SatNogs DB, you can actually submit decodes from any number of different platforms.

While I’m currently investigating a glitch (perhaps an Arduino library update?), some time ago I worked out the syntax to upload LoRa decodes from Arduino devices - please see:

… and thanks to the kind help available from the SatNogs folks, I’m sure that I’ll find why that stopped working for me.

Another option that I’ve not tested is the SDRAngel software (https://www.sdrangel.org/). Max, the Project Lead for the upcoming PY4 sats, has found that the ‘Chirp Chat demod’ plug-in for SDRAngel works very well for LoRa signals. In that case, ANY SDR hardware could now be used to decode LoRa packets. I’m trying to make time to test that out.

So, the bottom line is that once the hex byte decode of a LoRa packet is in-hand, it’s just a matter of uploading them to the SatNogs DB using one of the existing tools (GNU Radio or a Windows uploader) or with your own code that puts the frame into the format for a SIDS upload (as I did for the Arduino platform in that thread above).