SpaceX F9 Transporter-1 - 2021-01-24 15:00:00 UTC

@mfalkvidd there are many speculations :slight_smile: so any source would be more than appreciated. Also letā€™s have in mind that one of the deployers will not be launched (Momentus), and there is at least one more deployer that we donā€™t know how many satellites it carries(ION).

Currently the best source for the launched satellites I have found is the first post of this topic https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=50075.0;all and the celestrak prelimanry TLE sets, which are not super detailed but give a good picture of what will be launched.

EDIT: Iā€™ve just seen the tweet bellowā€¦ so it makes it official :smiley:

Yes, thatā€™s where I read it. Sorry for not including a link.

1 Like

https://everydayastronaut.com/transporter-1/ has a lot of additional info, but also this note

Note: SpaceX is not delaying the launch for any customers, so this number is more of an approximation

1 Like

Iā€™ve created this link spreadsheet to gather all known info with sources. Not complete but the best I could doā€¦ feel free to add any comment if you find something new.

In the next hour(s) Iā€™m going to check the satellites that @BOCTOK-1 has created in DB and schedule observations in the Network.

Launch goes for tomorrow, due to weather.

Dear

A new set of TLE is available for UVSQsat : https://site.amsat-f.org/download/117708/

For french speaker, a UVSQsat confƩrence is starting at 14H00 UTC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0tgJ2I376Y&feature=youtu.be Mainly a replay of yesterday with additional presentation ( including Hamradio contribution to this project)

2 Likes

Thank you for kepler. Will it be added to SatNOGS?
/Lars SM0TGU

@SM0TGU it is already in DB with the other satellites from this launch. They will be available in Network for scheduling ~1h before the launch.

NOTICE to all station owners that TLE sets will be preliminary ones and may need adjustment depending on the launch time. This means:

1. Donā€™t schedule too far in the future, a good period is the first 6h-8h after the launch.
  2. If there is a significant difference as the TLE may change after launch, Iā€™m going to re-schedule all the scheduled observations.
2 Likes

TLE have been assigned and satellites are available for scheduling. Have in mind that deployment if launch is on time, it is expected around 16:00 UTC.

ARCE-1A-C got TLE of their deployer, so it doesnā€™t make too much sense to schedule for now as they are not going to be deployed. Unfortunately no information on when they are going to be deployed from spaceflight SHERPA-FX deployer.

YUSAT-1, IDEASSAT, SOMP 2B, UVSQ-SAT got KEPLER #14 TLE set from celestrackā€™s supplemental list

VR3X-A-C got V-R3X TLE set from celestrackā€™s supplemental list

Again, please not schedule to far in the future and please try to share scheduling between satellites.

PS Iā€™m going to schedule massively after launch as it may be scrubbed again.

Launch was successful, observations for the first 12h are scheduled.

Iā€™ve tried to share observations fairly between the satellites giving a priority to UVSQ-SAT as this is the only team contacting us before the launch.

To station owners, feel free to re-arrange scheduled observations on your stations if you want to by delete and re-scheduling observations.

1 Like

@XtopheSwl sorry if missed it, what is the expected time for UVSQ-SAT to start transmitting after its deployment? Is there any delay or it starts immediately?

Nornaly 10 mn after. For the TLE, be carrefull a last update has been set. The TLE reference is now celestrackā€™s supplemental list (KEPLER #14 TLE)

2 Likes

IDEASSAT, SOMP 2B and UVSQ-SAT have been received and seems to follow well KEPLER #14 TLE set for now.

1 Like

New TLE sets from celestrackā€™s supplemental list are now used in DB and Network.

@XtopheSwl congratulations on the successful deployment and transmissions!

2 Likes

I setup temporary a new SatNOGS station #1993 with a RHCP Helical antenna tuned to 910 MHz, just for this purposes. Weā€™ll see soon if we can hear anything.

2 Likes

Observation 3533696: UVSQ-SAT (99749)

Regarding Observation 3533696 ā€¦

1 Like

There are three YUSAT-1 observations that have some faint signals which probably is YUSAT-1.

A similar observation has been published by @DK3WN in:

We are keep tracking it to be 100% sure.

From analysis of STRF data on the first pass over the Transporter-1 sats over my station, I have identified the following candidate signals from the 400 MHz commercial satellite band which I believe to be associated with this launch:

The last 5 signals have the same modulation, and given the spacing are very likely to be the same type of satellite. My suspicion is that these are the new AstroCast sats, which are the only group of five sats on this launch.

My twitter thread with screen-grabs of these observations is here: https://twitter.com/vk5qi/status/1353491788598661120

UPDATE: The signal 401.305 MHz was likely object 44316, as it did not appear in the 00:46Z pass. All other signals were observed again, confirming they are from this launch.

1 Like

Amazing job! Canā€™t wait to take a look in & around 401 on future orbits.

-Scott, K4KDR

No luck in receiving VR3X-A or PIC-A on 900 MHz band in the last 12 hours.
I will check and retune my helical antenna on #1993, because I have bad feelings that something doesnā€™t work properly.

1 Like