SpaceX F9: 425 Project EO/IR - VSFB SLC-4E - 2023-12-01 18:19 UTC

Yes the PN9 ( PN9 with initial value 0b111111111 and polynomial x9 + x5 + 1 ), that’s what i said in my previous post :slight_smile: Nice results !

Hi @K4KDR,

Awesome work! Would you be able to post the updated .grc file?

My re-upload should have replaced the .grc file at →

https://www.qsl.net/k/k4kdr//grc/spirit/

3 Likes

can i ask did you find the values for AGC and clock recovery ?

They’re using the default values that are already in the block when it’s added.

(at least in my GNU Radio 3.8)

1 Like

Dear LS community,

I want to give you an update on the status of NanoFF A and B from Technische Universität Berlin (TU Berlin) carried by ION. Their deployment/separation is planned for CW 51 (around 20.12.2023 plus/minus a few days) or may also be postponed. If the SatNOGS community is interested in sharing this upcoming LEOP experience with us, we’ll be happy to publish the preliminary TLEs and separation time as soon as we know it and enjoy this event together with you via Amateur-satellite service. According to D-Orbit they inform us one day in advance about the deployment TLEs. There will be a global beacon which is going to be deactivated on first successful contact. But afterwards operations over Europe should be receivable. The Amateur POC for both NanoFF is:

• Sascha Kapitola, DK4PPI @kappi:matrix.tu-berlin.de

Because as main operator Sascha will be very busy during LEOP. Therefore, we have two other contacts helping out the NanoFF team:

• Sebastian Lange, DL7BST @bastla:matrix.tu-berlin.de
  • Julian Harbeck, DH4RJU @julianharbeck:matrix.tu-berlin.de

We’re going to be available monitoring the #satnogs:matrix.org channel during this phase. At any other time please highlight me/us because I’ve muted this room due to the high traffic. For further information please check out this SatNOGS Operation issue: Add NanoFF to DB (#270) · Issues · librespacefoundation / SatNOGS Operations · GitLab

73 de DL7BST, Sebastian

2 Likes

Thanks very much for the info! And best of luck with the mission.

I’m very interested, as I’m sure others will be. But will there be ANY transmissions from these satellites over locations OTHER THAN Europe?

Thanks!

Hey Scott,

Thanks for your wishes – I’m going to pass them to the team.

The beacon will initially be transmitted every 60s but has to be turned off during the first contact over TUB ground station. Since the exact deployment date and time was not determined before launch it will be a global transmission.
After first contact power consumption is essential and therefore the beacon deactivated. But Amateur services are coming up. Our typical roadmap is: mission, com/ops teaching within our university courses, com/ops by our volunteering teams (HAM Radio Club and Student Operations Team) including other interested persons within the Amateur community. I hope that answers your question?

Sebastian

2 Likes

Thanks very much for the info!

So that initial beacon will be 4800 baud on 435.950 MHz?

Will certainly listen out until word that it’s been switched off. Will also look forward to any updates as the mission progresses through the planned stages!

1 Like

For this launch we have a new TLE set, which is identified as ALISIO-1, which means that ION deployer has already started deploying satellites.

Also from nasaspaceflight forum thread and from space-track.org there is one more payload, Lilium-1 from http://satellite.ncku.edu.tw/. I’ve added this in DB and scheduled some observations that seems to receive it.

I’m going to update the first post tomorrow with more details on frequencies and also add some of the rest ION’s satellites in DB.

1 Like

Latest Status update:

Temporary NORAD ID Satellite NORAD ID to follow Other NORAD IDs Identified Deployed Last Update Notes
RECEIVED AND DEMODULATED
- EIRSAT-1 58472 - YES YES Identified, here are the ikhnos results
- SpIRIT 58468 - YES YES Identified, here are the ikhnos results
98968 ION SCV Daring Diego 58469 58462(unlikely), 58463(unlikely) NO YES Received, continue to follow 58469, other possible 58462(unlikely), 58463(unlikely) While identified as KORSAT 7 the object 58469 seems to fit better, however we will need more recent observations to confirm
98971 ENSO 58470 58471(unlikely) NO YES Received, continue to follow 58470, other possible 58471(unlikely) We need more recent observations
99032 Hayasat 58471 58470(unlikely) NO YES Received, changed to follow 58471, other possible 58470(unlikely) We need more recent observations
RECEIVED
- OBJECT D 58465 - NO YES Received on S-band, unknown satellite
- Lilium-1 58467 - YES YES Identified in space-track.org
98969 uHETSat 58466 58465(unlikely), 58467(unlikely) NO YES Received, continue to follow 58466, other possible 58465(unlikely), 58467(unlikely) Not received since 2023-12-04 14:00:13
NOT RECEIVED WITH FREQUENCY
98970 KOYOH 58463 all(non-identified) NO UNKNOWN Randomly chosen to follow 58463, all non-identified objects are possible candidates
1 Like

Thank you very much for this specific question because the answer is no! :upside_down_face:

I’ve just updated the GitLab issue to add NanoFF into SatNOGS database. The beacon will be transmitted on the same frequency but in CW/FM (F2A) mode. Meaning:

• Carrier: FM
  • Subcarrier: CW
  • Encoding: International Morse (ITU-R M.1677-1)
  • Data: Amateur radio call signs (DP0NFA, DP0NFB)

I’m aware it’s not how a state-of-the-art beacon would look like but it’s one of our legacies we’re still sticking to. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hellooooo :slight_smile:

Any informations regarding how to decode frames from ENSO ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking at a recent SatNogs observation, it appears that they’re being decoded as 2k4 GMSK AX.25

(SatNOGS Network - Observation 8707237)

The decoder for Celesta or MTCube2 should work

1 Like

Yes it’s AX25, but i want the definition for the rest of the frame :slight_smile:

I m going to have a look at it thx

No luck.

Hi everyone,

Srry for the delayyyyyyy, we didn’t forget you, we are still working on a tool to decode;
since it’s taking more time that it should, here some info I can provide you to have a bit to eat…

The frame format is is as followed :

• ax25 header : frame [0, 32[ : you will find the adressee in ASCII by shifting each byte in the caracters [0; 12[ and the source in ascii by shifting the each byte in the caracters [14;26[
  • data : frame [32, -4[ : in this frame (starting from 0), you’ll have timestamp of satellite in bytes [5:1:-1], battery voltage in bytes 23 (multiply it per 20)(you can compare with the average battery voltage in bytes 27 (x20)); and faces temperature (on one bytes) in 38, 39, 40, 41, 42. (face X+, X-, Y+, Y-, Z+). We are currently working on a tool to decode easily your raw decoded beacon.
  • CRC : frame [-4:]

Please here find to links :
Data concerning the last beacon received, and the participation from all radio-am that have participated to decoding beacons (if you doesn’t appear, your data havn’t been treated yet).

The Github page from our old satellite, it may be not up to date but you might find some information.

ENSO still in GMSK2400, RX 436.6MHz.

Sincerly

3 Likes

Separation of NanoFF A & B

Hi everyone, I am happy to share some news about the NanoFF mission :slight_smile:

Separation:
Both satellites were launched inside D-Orbits ION OTV on SpaceX’s “KOREA 425 Mission” on 1st December. NanoFF A will be separated from ION on Mondaymorning, 18th December. It will start transmitting its beacon with callsign “DP0NFA” at 435.95 MHz. The modulation will be GMSK with BT=0.5 and a baudrate of 4800 bps. The precise calculated TLEs and a confirmation of the separation time (targeting 07:11 UTC) will be given to us on Sunday and I will make sure to update you as soon as possible.

NanoFF B separation from ION is scheduled for Tuesdaymorning, 19th December, targeting 05:58 UTC. It then will follow the same process as NanoFF A. The beacon will again includes its callsign “DP0NFB”. NanoFF B’s beforehand calculated TLEs and a confirmation of the time should be also available on Sunday.

Reception of signals:
Both satellites will communicate via 435.95 MHz UHF with a GMSK modulation with BT=0.5 and a baudrate of 4800 bps for the downlink of telemetry. Communication will only happen over our ground station in Berlin, Germany. The protocol MobiTUB-2 [1] will be the same as in previous TU Berlin missions (BEESAT-2, -3, -4, -9, TechnoSat, TUBIN, yes I know GNUradio 3.8 is outdated, I am looking in making the 3.10 decoders available, but sadly time is limited). You can find more information about the reception of TU Berlins satellites on our Information for Radio Amateurs subsite [2].

The beacon will be transmitted on the same frequency but in CW/FM (F2A) mode. Meaning:

• Carrier: FM
  • Subcarrier: CW
  • Encoding: International Morse (ITU-R M.1677-1)
  • Data: Amateur radio call signs (DP0NFA, DP0NFB)

General Mission:
If you are interested in the complete mission, there is a short YouTube video [3] that introduce you to the mission. Now we also have uploaded the recording of our launch event two weeks ago [4]. There we gave an overview of our satellites and their subsystems, the test procedures that were performed, and the team behind the project. We also tell the stories of our integration campaign. Sadly both are mostly in German, but I think the presentations and animations might be still interesting for you. There is also a website [5], which has not been updated now for quite a while, but besides the TUBspace Twitter [6] will be the main information site for this mission and will be updated soon. At the moment newer written information can be found in the launch press release [7].

Links:
[1] MobiTUB-2 protocol: Fachgebiet Raumfahrttechnik / Communication Systems / MobiTUB 2 · GitLab
[2] General information for amateur radios: https://www.tu.berlin/en/raumfahrttechnik/institute/amateur-radio
[3] NanoFF introduction video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMmrBzqZSDE
[4] NanoFF launch event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOg1gd3qwsc
[5] NanoFF website: NanoFF
[6] TUBspace Twitter site: https://twitter.com/TUBspace
[7] Press release after NanoFF launch: Formation Flight in Orbit: Two Nanosatellites Launched into Space

4 Likes