Something like Satnogs but terrestrial?

Is anyone aware of any software similar to Satnogs (which is incredible) but without the requirement that the monitoring target be a satellite? It would be great to have the same features, a cloud base, fully automated network of SDR stations, but at any frequency, not just known satellite frequencies.

Hello, maybe something like this. Not quite software or automated. It seems that users put their SDRs online around the world and you can access them. Closest thing I can think of from what I gather you’re asking.

http://kiwisdr.com/public/?top=kiwi

http://rx.linkfanel.net/

Yes I think Kiwi is the closest you can get.

Not strictly answers, but “like SatNOGS”:

• sondehub is quite like SatNOGS, but for balloons
  • WiGLE is vaguely like SatNOGS, but with mobile stations scanning for every network they can find

Thanks guys. Kiwi is nothing like Satnogs, and not really geared for research so much. WiGLE and sondehub are closer for sure, but very specific in their respective applications

What I’m thinking of is something a bit more generic in its application. More of a Open Source Signal Intelligence network. A network of SDR Radios, HF, VHF, UHF, and above, connected in a distributed network like Satnogs.

With Satnogs, I choose a station, select a satellite and observation time to coordinate with the satellite pass for that specific station. The station records the pass and I can get the data.

What I’m thinking of something very similar to this, but not tied to satellites. In instead of choosing a satellite, you would specific a frequency, demodulation mode, date/time, etc. Maybe support some of the other RF databases (Aoki, EiBi, etc.) The station would then record the IQ data. The data could be analyzed on a centralized server and both raw and analyzed data made available for download.

This could be made more interesting by using something like the KrakenSDR and it’s 5 RTL-SDR radios, and doing direction finding in addition to as the signal analysis

Anyway, mostly just a though exercise at this point. Just something I’d love to see for the OSINT community

-John

Leave this here for future people