SATNOGS Client install over Linuxmint Ulyssa 20

Hi all, I an trying to install SATNOGS SW over a linux mint Ulyssa 20 platform.
after few changes I am up to the APT package installation and get following error:

• satnogs-clients on hosts: satnogs-clients -
    Check Ansible version…
    Check distribution…
    Remove APT configuration disabling recommends…
    Update APT cache…
    Install required package for APT…
    Install repository keys…
    satnogs failed | msg: The task includes an option with an undefined variable. The error was: ‘dict object’ has no attribute ‘linuxmint_ulyssa’

The error appears to be in ‘/TOOLS/SATNOGS/satnogs-client-ansible/roles/common/tasks/apt.yml’: line 26, column 3, but may
be elsewhere in the file depending on the exact syntax problem.

The offending line appears to be:

retries: 3

• name: Install repository keys
    ^ here

• Play recap -
    satnogs : ok=20 changed=0 unreachable=0 failed=1 rescued=0 ignored=0

does anybody already solved this issue ? Thanks for any help
Michele

Good morning,

This could be related to this issue: Sudo apt update: signature invalid

Apart from that, you are trying to install the SatNOGS-client on a system that as far as I now no one has done before, so there is a change you will run into all kinds of challenges.

Maybe you can also write down this experience so that others can learn from this.

Good luck

Hi thanks for the hint…
I am switching to a debian 10 install first… after that I will re-consider to go back to linux mint…
my objective is to make a satnogs station able to safely use at least an rsp1a sdr rx because I see that with RTL_SDR devices the actual result is really disappointing if referred to what is manually possible to obtain with an rsp1a … the actual platform I wont to use is an atom based J1900 mobo with suitable memory on it that I use for other applications with very good results…
LinuxMint is the preferred platform for my previous apps because it is very user friendly for newcomers as well…
Thanks again
Michele