Satellite Run Time Error

Your help would be appreciated. When I run journalctl I receive the following message: RuntimeError: soapy:source::source: Antenna Turnstyle at channel ) is not supported. Available antennas are: [RX] this problem begin with a new RTL-SDR V4. Thank you for your help. de Tom W9TTY

@cubesat See this thread as you might need to update the soapy driver on your client.

It also indicates a error in the configuration, where Antenna Turnstyle is in the SATNOGS_ANTENNA variable, where in this case it should be RX

Good point! Just curious why swapping a RTL-SDR V3 with a V4 produces this error if nothing else changed (an assumption) in the software configuration.

Sorry for the delay. The error continues to puzzle me. However, between V3 and V4 I did reinstall the image. The ground station is working fine. Thank you.

HI Daniel. Your suggestion solved the problem. Once the SATNOGS_ANTENNA variable changed from Turnstyle to RX. Everything worked. The ground station is fine. Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks again for your help. I tried the suggestion from SA2KNG to change the SATNOGS_ANTENNA variable from Turnstyle to RX and everything worked fine. Before that I had installed the proper drivers. So all is well…