Satellite Ground Station

Dear Satnogs crew,

Allow me to assure you of my utmost respect.

I would like to congratulate you on your fast growing project which attracts more users every day! As Satellite data receiving has been one of my hobbies, I was truly astonished by the capabilities a world-wide community could do. I was very touched by your project and wanted to create a ground station myself as fast possible and join the project. As I was creating the satellite I came into some technical issues. I followed the instructions on your website but I had problems with printing the 3D components, finding the right tools and putting the hardware together. This has given me a lot of difficulties.

I would kindly ask if there is any way I can buy a full made Satnogs ground station or a step by step video tutorial which shows the process of making one.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance.

Best Regards,
Oganesson

Is this any use to you. Its a good timelaspe video of the build. There isn’t a ready built version.

Do you have all the parts?

Alex

Dear g7kse,

I would like to thank you for helping and supporting the community. I read your feedback and watched the video, it gave me a better understanding of the v.3 SatNOGS mechanical assembly. I looked over the instructions on making the v.3 SatNOGS station but could not find anywhere the Electronics assembly. Therefore, I decided to start building the v.2 SatNOGS ground station which has the tutorial on the mechanical and electronics assembly. Could you give me any tips on how to buy the ABB 1SL0828A00 box?

Thank you for your understanding and assistance.

Best Regards,
Oganesson

They aren’t great but are adequate with a bit of help on here. If you need some specific help on the v3 then please ask. I didn’t make a v2 and I think there was a bit of bother about getting the box at some point. Not ure how that panned out.

My advice would be to go for a v3