Problem: VHF via satnogs is fine, UHF is not.
I have an RPi with an RTL-SDR that is freshly updated and have my config all sorted with no problem. I had to set 3 or 4 new items (to use the soapy interface and set the bandwidth but those were all google’able).
We have a separate system to operate the antenna and switches that are working spot on:
- ISS tracking and recording all good: https://network.satnogs.org/observations/2986170/
- OPSSAT tracking and recording, nothing - not even noise https://network.satnogs.org/observations/2986173/
I also used a splitter to ‘view’ the signal entering the RTL-SDR and it’s fine.
Things I’ve checked:
- SDR broken? Nope, I tried the RTL separately on the RPi and it can receive fine on VHF, UHF, and more. Just not in satnogs it seems.
- RF signal simply not there? Nope, I’ve used a splitter to validate that RF is coming in and it OK.
- Settings? Hmm. Perhaps! This is where I need help to know where to look! Perhaps I’ve set something wrong.