RPi 4 installation: Update error

Hello all, I am attempting to get my RPi set up for SatNOGS.

• When I run sudo satnogs-setup and apply my settings, it gives an error message at the “Updating APT cache…” step (error message shown below)

• I think this has to do with the Buster-to-Bullseye transition. Unfortunately now the setup command does not work

• Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Reading package lists... Done                                                                       
E: Repository 'http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian buster InRelease' changed its 'Suite' value from 'stable' to 'oldstable'
N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repository can be applied. See apt-secure(8) manpage for details.
E: Repository 'http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian buster InRelease' changed its 'Suite' value from 'testing' to 'oldstable'
N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repository can be applied. See apt-secure(8) manpage for details.

Hi @greenknight,

you can bypass this error by running:
sudo apt-get update --allow-releaseinfo-change instead of just sudo apt-get update

This issue will be solved when we are going to move the image to the new rasbian stable version.

2 Likes

edit:
@fredy: +1 for the much more concise answer!

We missed to vote who will answer, lol. I missed to check the thread / didn’t get a notification whether there are new posts before sending my message.

So, the following is essentially a duplicate of the previous message now.

Hey @greenknight,

welcome to the community!

Correct, the SatNOGS image continues to be on Debian Buster until a migration path for existing stations to Debian Bullseye was developed (which will happen eventually, but isn’t done yet).

Until then, the following command has to be run as a workaround once (tracked in satnogs-client-ansible#96):

sudo apt-get update --allow-releaseinfo-change

There might be a second workaround needed if you see the error described in satnogs-client-ansible#94. It can be fixed by the following command:

wget -qO - http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/librespace:/satnogs-unstable/Raspbian_10/Release.key | sudo apt-key --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg add -

Please let us know if this fixed the issue you see!

The guide in the wiki will be updated to list both workarounds.

Sincerely,
kerel

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the replies. I will try this ASAP and report back. Thank you

1 Like

Thank you for this advise!
I had the same problems installing the last days the SatNOGS Client for the first time on my new RPi 4.
Applying the two work arounds allowed to start it up.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ systemctl status satnogs-client

reports:
● satnogs-client.service - SatNOGS client
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/satnogs-client.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Sun 2022-01-16 15:36:35 GMT; 434ms ago
Main PID: 886 (satnogs-client)
Tasks: 1 (limit: 4915)
CGroup: /system.slice/satnogs-client.service
└─886 /var/lib/satnogs/bin/python3 /var/lib/satnogs/bin/satnogs-client

Jan 16 15:36:35 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started SatNOGS client.

However, I still have trouble to see the station on the network - but that must be another problem.