Request to Add CIRBE to the SatNOGS DB

Hi All,

I’m a command controller for the Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) at the University of Colorado Boulder and am part of the ops team for the CubeSat Inner Radiation Belt Experiment (CIRBE) 3U CubeSat mission. It’s expected to launch around February of next year. CIRBE will fly with a REPTile-2 instrument, which houses 4 solid state detectors, measuring 300 keV to 3 MeV electrons (and ~6-35 MeV protons). It will study the inner radiation belt of Earth’s magnetosphere and provide the first advanced resolution of one of Earth’s two Van Allen belts.

We are planning to add support for CIRBE to gr-satellites. I will be publishing an issue to their GitHub soon and will post a link here for anyone interested to follow. As the mission is unlaunched, we are requesting a temporary NORAD ID for the mission. I have catalogued relevant information in my SatNOGS issue report posted today.

Please let me know if there is anything else I should/need to do to get CIRBE added to the SatNOGS DB, and thanks to all for building this community!

Thanks,
Sean Svihla
_
Sean Svihla
Command Controller
Laboratory for Atmospheric & Space Physics
1234 Innovation Drive
Boulder, CO 80303

2 Likes

IARU Coordination information here: IARU Sat Coordinator

4 Likes