Raspbian SatNOGS client images available!

The new image is compatible both with Raspberry Pi 3 and 4. You can flash your microSD with the new image to upgrade but I am already working on finding a safe upgrade path from stretch to buster for users who don’t have easy access to the board.

Just got finished swapping out the SD card in my station 187. Autoscheduler is installed and appears to be working. First scheduled observation is in 4 minutes (SO-50). After that is completed, I will turn on the Bias-T and report back (in the appropriate thread) if that is working.

[edit]
https://network.satnogs.org/observations/1010293/
Station appears to be working. On to the bias-t!

Is there a readme for this? I tried looking, but am unsure where it might be.
I’d really like to know what changes (if any) have been made. (For example, I hear there are changes coming to the decoder and wonder if they are are in this new image).

The image is nothing more than a customized Raspbian image with Ansible and SatNOGS related packages preinstalled for faster setup. It is basically used to bootstrap the system. A SatNOGS Client system consists of a collection of various software. This collection, which eventually gets installed in the system after following the installation steps in the wiki, is actually defined in SatNOGS Client Ansible playbook.

Although SatNOGS Client Ansible has been changed to support Raspbian Buster, the software which installs has not changed much. Apart from the update of librtlsdr which now support the bias tee, there should be no reason for anyone to reflash at this point.

Nevertheless, there will soon be updates on many components like the SatNOGS client, gr-satnogs, etc. So, keep a close eye for SatNOGS Client Ansible releases (which end up as an update to stable branch). Of course, there will be announcements in the forum when there are significant changes worth updating!

3 Likes

actually is not possible to install SatNOGS Ansible on Amd64 Debian Buster ?

SatNOGS Client Ansible supports:

• Debian Buster
  • Debian Stretch
  • Raspbian Buster
  • Raspbian Stretch
1 Like

nice thanks ! is great feature !