Raspberry Pi image issues

Hi,

I’ve downloaded the latest 2020-10-08-Raspbian-SatNOGS-lite image but I’m having trouble running satnogs setup. Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/satnogs-config/bin/satnogs-config", line 8, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/var/lib/satnogs-config/lib/python3.7/site-packages/satnogsconfig/__init__.py", line 27, in main
    menu = Menu(pkg_resources.resource_stream(__name__, MENU_FILE), config)
  File "/var/lib/satnogs-config/lib/python3.7/site-packages/satnogsconfig/menu.py", line 90, in __init__
    self._dialog = Dialog(autowidgetsize=True)
  File "/var/lib/satnogs-config/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dialog.py", line 1014, in __init__
    self._dialog_prg = _path_to_executable(dialog)
  File "/var/lib/satnogs-config/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dialog.py", line 475, in _path_to_executable
    "can't find the executable for the dialog-like "
dialog.ExecutableNotFound: Executable not found: can't find the executable for the dialog-like program```

I’ve heard the same from a friend… he was not able to install the latest RPI image. Seems it is broken… He downloaded the previous image which was installing fine…

1 Like

Thanks. Looks like I’ll have to try that. Cheers!

Should be fixed in https://gitlab.com/librespacefoundation/satnogs/satnogs-client-ansible/-/merge_requests/158 . Thanks for reporting!

1 Like

Thanks! For others, workaround until new images are built is to install dialog package.

apt install dialog

There is no need to release a new image! The fix on Ansible is enough since satnogs-setup is updated during bootstrapping (first execution of satnogs-setup).

1 Like

Even better, thanks for correction!