“before”: “2b0be9922b2f6e47b9e4c6712c6f4a7e9bba2269”,
“changed”: false,
“remote_url_changed”: false
}
Repository has not changed, quitting.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/var/lib/satnogs-config/bin/satnogs-config”, line 8, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/var/lib/satnogs-config/lib/python3.7/site-packages/satnogsconfig/init.py”, line 29, in main
menu.show()
File “/var/lib/satnogs-config/lib/python3.7/site-packages/satnogsconfig/menu.py”, line 258, in show
self._typesmenu[‘type’]
File “/var/lib/satnogs-config/lib/python3.7/site-packages/satnogsconfig/menu.py”, line 431, in _update
if helpers.apt.has_updates(
File “/var/lib/satnogs-config/lib/python3.7/site-packages/satnogsconfig/helpers/apt.py”, line 16, in has_updates
cache.update()
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apt/cache.py”, line 591, in update
raise FetchFailedException()
apt.cache.FetchFailedException

Any help will be appreciated

73 de EA5WA Juan Carlos

Good afternoon Juan Carlos,

This is a difficult one without any further checks.
There are a couple things that trigger some thoughts, one is your system is called openwebrx and that gives me the idea you also installed openwebrx on this system.

Is it possible that openwebrx has changed some settings or installed some dependencies that are now in conflict with the SatNOGS install?

Some commands you can try:

sudo apt-get update and see if that is working and if it is, try apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get upgrade This will update all OS/Repository packages.

If that was working ok, then try a sudo satnogs-setup again, this command can also generate a support report (select Advanced and Support) that could give extra information

Good luck,

Jan PE0SAT

Hi Jan:

After update-upgrade still same problem… Everything is fine except “Update configuration tool” from satnogs-setup.

I have both systems (satnogs+openwebrx) installed, because sometimes I like to listen to sats directly. When I’m not in from of the radio I leave it with satnogs.

Thanks

73 de EA5WA Juan Carlos

Generating support report. Please wait…
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/var/lib/satnogs-config/bin/satnogs-config”, line 8, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/var/lib/satnogs-config/lib/python3.7/site-packages/satnogsconfig/init.py”, line 29, in main
menu.show()
File “/var/lib/satnogs-config/lib/python3.7/site-packages/satnogsconfig/menu.py”, line 258, in show
self._typesmenu[‘type’]
File “/var/lib/satnogs-config/lib/python3.7/site-packages/satnogsconfig/menu.py”, line 478, in _support
).dump(indent=4) +
File “/var/lib/satnogs-config/lib/python3.7/site-packages/satnogsconfig/helpers/support.py”, line 87, in dump
return json.dumps(self.info, *args, **kwargs)
File “/var/lib/satnogs-config/lib/python3.7/site-packages/satnogsconfig/helpers/support.py”, line 66, in info
“pending-updates”: apt.has_updates(),
File “/var/lib/satnogs-config/lib/python3.7/site-packages/satnogsconfig/helpers/apt.py”, line 16, in has_updates
cache.update()
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apt/cache.py”, line 591, in update
raise FetchFailedException()
apt.cache.FetchFailedException

My guess is, that there is a conflict between the two software packages and I am unable to solve this via the community, maybe somebody else recognizes this error and knows how to solve it.

Maybe somebody from the dev team can also share his thoughts.

@ea5wa could you try sudo apt-get clean and then again repeat the sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade?

Have you changed anything in the repository sources (in /etc/apt/)?
Have you changed anything on the the users setup and their permissions?

1 Like

This is an uncaught exception on satnogs-config which should be fixed in 3e0c3142. Although, it is fixed, it has not yet been released. It will probably be released in a few hours. I will let you know in this thread.

3 Likes

New release is out! It should fix this issue.
Note: You may have to retry update a second time if it errors out the first.

3 Likes

Many thanks… Updating…

73 de EA5WA Juan Carlos

1 Like