Pass prediction on my station (1461)

Hi…
something happen on Pass Prediction listing on my station…?
I looked on other stations and have normal ~24hrs predictions but
only few predictions (around 10) on my own station. (log in or log out)
Any idea…? (same on 2 diff PC)

2 Likes

When I clicked on ‘Calculate’ for your station, I also only see about 10 future observations available that are no more than 10 minutes from the current time. Hmm.

The last one listed, (SOAR in this case) for your station, shows no plot for the observation - maybe that’s a clue to go on for the developers.

What happens when you try scheduling 1+ hours out via satnogs-auto-scheduler?

Scott

1 Like

update:

Error appears to be with SOAR for some reason. I tried scheduling at your station again just now and SOAR was the last shown available observation (with no trajectory plotted),

So I then tried to schedule a SOAR observation at my station 2134 and got this:

So that’s 15 future observations for SOAR in the next 4 hours. SNAFU

Not sure if it’s the TLE’s for SOAR, maybe it re-entered??

1 Like

Blockquote
something happen on Pass Prediction listing on my station…?

I don’t know wha’t happen, but back to normal for now…
ve2dsk

1 Like

@satcolintel5 You debug was right, SOAR was re-entered so the last TLE set was causing this issue. I’ve suggested and approved the change in DB and now the issue is fixed as @ve2dsk noted.

2 Likes

Hello, I’m having the same issue on my station (1650), I only get predictions for 40 minutes instead the usual 24 hrs, it appears that the loading process somehow becomes stalled and keeps trying to load the pass predictions without ending, any suggestions on how to proceed to fix the issue?
Thanks in advance & best Regards,
Abraham - XE3ADC

Probably a decayed satellite, give me some minutes to check.

I have fixed some of the decayed satellites but it seems that there is still an issue. I’m checking to find out which satellite causes this.

Thanks Fredy, Having passed the 40 minutes I tried again and now I’m getting pass predictions for 9 hours, in both cases the last prediction loaded was for Bricsat-2.
On the most recent try, the Bricsat-2 prediction was at 22:33 on 04/21/22 UTC, with 9 deg max elevation and there is no path shown in the polar plot.
Best regards,
Abraham - XE3ADC

1 Like

Indeed BRICSAT-2 was decayed yesterday or today. Now the station page loads right.

Thanks Fredy, yes.!.. I just tried, the pass predictions loaded as normal.
I did not try with auto-schedule, I wonder what would have happened…
Best Regards,
Abraham - XE3ADC

Another one causing an issue… ve2dsk

1 Like

Hi, this is happening now with acrux-1, I gather it’s about to re-enter.
Manual scheduling only shows available passes to schedule for 14 hours.
I tried with auto-scheduler and was able to schedule passes for 24 hrs.
Best regards
Abraham - XE3ADC

1 Like

Confirmed. space-track.org list “ACRUX 1” it as DECAYED as of “2022-06-17 0:00:00”

[edit] and made a ACRUX 1 change request in DB to update status along with GT-1 and DESCENT – also decayed recently

2 Likes

Thanks I’ve just approved the requests in DB and synced the Network. It should work now. By the way this is a known bug but it will take some time to be fixed. It is a frontend issue as far as I remember, so if anyone wants to try fix it let me know.

2 Likes

Maybe this issue?

Another one…

TLE set of BEESAT-6 has an issue, we have contacted the 18th to fix it and we are working to generate one until it is fixed.