Observation 7145874: GREENCUBE (53106) - any hints why observations fail

Regarding Observation 7145874

While I can hear Green Cube (IO-117) well with my ham transceivers and the SatNOGS antenna, I fail to observe it on SatNOGS. Obviously, the observed passes are only short junks of the long visibility, but my observations on ham radio showed ne, that it is reasonably active to hear bursts if transmissions. Any hint?

Something is introducing a whole lot of noise looking at the waterfall, I don’t think you will be able to hear GREENCUBE when listening to this observation.

We need to have a clear understanding of all the components in the chain and also the SDR configuration.
Be as detailed as possible.

This observation is received with a 9 element yagi SatNOGS Network - Observation 7132058 and you can follow this link to have an idea on the setup.

1 Like

thanks for the reply. Recent observations look as expected. I eliminated a problem with one of my LNAs, not so obvious on the ham transceiver, but degrading the RTL-SDR. However, not enough S/N to achieve decodes in SatNOGS. Still working on the ham radio set-up with external modem…