Observation 6083835: RAAF M2 A (99950)

Regarding Observation 6083835 … What are these horizontal lines? They are similar to what’s discussed in Observation 4523347: NOAA 15 (25338) but in this obs the gain is set much lower, although it was with an LNA too. Interestingly, I get them always or almost always with the same sats. E.g. SatNOGS Network - Observation 6031680 - that was without an LNA and with a higher gain. Here SatNOGS Network - Observation 6012817 again. I know now I shouldn’t have marked them as “good,” that’s not (really) the sat signal, but it’s very common with RAAF M2 sats for me! Maybe it’s just that frequency. Presumably this SatNOGS Network - Observation 5913463 is what real signal from those sats looks like

1 Like

Given the RAAF M2 sats only transmit over Australia, when in communication with a ground-station here in Australia, that’s definitely local noise…

This is an example of a real signal: SatNOGS Network - Observation 3837923

1 Like

hah, that’s a great point, thanks! This is quite a useful information though, is it available somewhere in SatNOGS where I don’t know to look or could this kind of data be made available?