Observation 5861377: DOSAAF-85 (44909)

Regarding Observation 5861377

This RS-44 pass was very weak, but clearly audible CW is heard with the correct callsign. The DB lists the launch date as 2019, and power as 5W. I see a mix of observations, but curious if this is an easy/moderate/hard intercept? I am still characterizing my station.

Thanks.

@K2PI

but curious if this is an easy/moderate/hard intercept? I am still characterizing my station

I’d sayRS-44 should be in the easy of those category choices. While the signal is both visible and audible in your artifacts, the SNR for your station seems a bit on the low side and probably why the decoding software did not trigger.

Here’s a recent RS-44 decode from my station 2134, a static 10 element yagi point east at 40 deg elevation, for comparison.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Your signals are clearly stronger. I don’t need the decoding software, so actually wasn’t worried about that, but with a discone, I’m never going to have the signal a yagi has. I have a 2m/440 beam, but would need an Az/El rotator and not sure I want to go there quite yet.

Thanks again!