Observation 307780: Stars-AO (99974)

So far my station doesn’t recieve anything but what could be the reason, if something like Observation 307780 happens? Does this happen more often or is it caused by the hackrf I am using? I’m new here so sorry for dumb questions.

Looks like local noise signal. Have you tried one of NOAA sats.? they almost always transmit a strong signal.

Sadly the NOAA satellites don’t have the right frequenz for my ground station. It happens just sometimes, the other observations almost don’t show anything (and no signal) and I have rotators (which rotate the antenna pretty rough, could this be the problem?).
And one more thing: during the observations the journalctl commant shows a bunch of o’s which I guess comes from a too slow computer an gnu radio but shouldn’t be too bad.

Welcome to sat

This is exactly the issue, check also this post. Unfortunately rpi (if you use this) is not (cpu) strong enough to work with hackrf, not at least in a satisfying sample rate. This is why you get these Os, which means that gnuradio drops samples.
There are two alternatives, either you use another sdr, like rtl-sdr, or you use another more powerful pc platform.

1 Like

Ah, thanks. I will change it as soon as I can.