Observation 1807890: CP9 (LEO) (44360)

Regarding Observation 1807890

I looked at signals that others have vetted as while many are, they don’t all follow the same pattern. I would imagine that what I have is man made noise but on the other side I don’t see anything alike on other UHF passes …

73’s Martin 9V1RM

1 Like

Indeed this is terrestrial signal, I’ve vetted the observation as bad.

1 Like

thank you ! Now here comes the million dollar question : why would I not have the same type of noise on all UHF passes : I only have that specific pattern in the waterfall for CP9 ! (not challenging you, just trying to educate myself and understand).

73’s Martin 9V1RM

1 Like

Your right, it is the million dollar question that many of us have spent a long time trying chase down and answer.
Here is a small chunk of MY 2M satnogs station spectrum…

Yours will be very different.

Depending on the downlink frequency of the satellite that I (or fredy) schedule, the pattern of terrestrial noise will be very very different.
This is why I use SDR# or some other program to see the typical signals on the 2m and 70cm bands about once a month or so and make sure nothing has popped up unexpectedly.

So, in short, you will find patterns for each satellite. Once you know what you are up against, you can start to try and filter it and deal with it.

Hope that helps.

1 Like