Observation 139311: ZACUBE-1 (39417)

Regarding Observation 139311 …ZACUBE successfully decoded!

Happy that your update worked!

This is different groundstation :grin: I am still googling to update gr-stanogs. My linux skills are still frustrating low

Oh, that should be pretty easy:

$ sudo satnogs-setup
  • Choose “Update”
  • Choose “Apply”
  • Choose “Back”

“Apply” might take a while! Watch out you never hit the “Reset Configuration” entry :wink:

Thanks Patrick. I have done that plenty times and it work great. I think for a start the gr-satnogs was never installed :wink: I am writing a new image and will then follow installation again!

73s

hm, what?
Without gr-satnogs you would get no results at all :wink:

I was under the impression if you install the client that it will install everything necessary. Assumption is the mother of al … Reading community and wiki is so important

I’m not sure I get you right!
It does install gr-satnogs, at least if you use the “Update” method mentioned above.

OK so the plan is to install it according to this wiki

https://wiki.satnogs.org/Raspberry_Pi_3

using this image

then do the rpi configure password, time etc

then run

sudo satnogs-setup

and see what happens

Yes, exactly!
To get a bit more security you should add a new user with sudo permission and remove the default Pi user.
At least: change the passwort! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok I changed the password with still pi as user, lets see

so the satnogs client will install this by default?

Yes, if you have satnogs-client already running, please update to the newest release, using

$ sudo satnogs-client
  • Choose “Update”
  • Choose “Apply”
  • Choose “Back”
1 Like

I have done this plenty times on old version, let see with new version. Busy installing :sleeping:

wonder if this is the problem?

That normally appears if you deinstall gr-satnogs, eg to install a local build of it. But with updating through satnogs-setup the binary will be installed. Have you followed the instructions for the Pi image installation exactly?

There seems to be missing something from the pip-installation also. This should normally bei included in the Pi image, afair.

1 Like

I think it would be better to continue this discussion in a normal thread - is it possible to move this by an Admin?

Not sure if it is or not – it might just be easier to start a new thread and link to the relevant posts here.

One other thing: if any of the wiki is out-of-date or incomplete, please feel free to create an account and update it – that’ll make it better for everyone. :smiley:

2 Likes