Two nearly identical 1U CubeSats are waiting to be deployed from the ISS:
- SiriusSat-1 call sign RS13S frequency 435,570 MHz.
- SiriusSat-2 call sign RS14S frequency 435,670 MHz.
The modulation is GMSK 4800, AX.25 G3RUH protocol.
Our best info about the deployment time at the moment:
- The start of EVA 2018-08-15T15:58Z.
- SiriusSats deployment from T+00:10:00 to T+00:18:00.
- CubeSats will start to transmit in 15 mins after RBF is removed.
So our best guess now is they will start beaconing about 2018-08-15T16:23Z every 30 secs.
We’ll post updates on date/time/delays in case of new info.
It’ll be great to get temporary NORAD ids. We are planning to observe first crucial hours/days with help of network.satnogs.org and db.satnogs.org. Software for telemetry decoding/forwarding and more info on the way.
One more question: As far as we know there is no decoding in 4800 G3RUH mode right now. Would it be hard to add such support? We are ready to write the code and test it. Which way it better be done? Should it be a separate entity like satnogs_fsk9600_g3ruh_ax25 or more generic solution?
Thanks in advance.
– SPUTNIX team | http://sputnix.ru | R2ANF
– Educational Center “Sirius”
– Skobeltsyn Institute of Nuclear Physics(SINP MSU)