New project fully motorised satnogs dish

Hi will like to introduce myself my name is Elpidoforos Anastasiou and i am an I.T teacher us parts of our school project this year we are hoping to build our own satnogs based on a 5.5 meter satellite dish ,our goal is to fully be motorized . i will post some pictures soon . thanks

4 Likes

[quote=“ELPIS, post:1, topic:2593, full:true”]
Hi will like to introduce myself my name is Elpidoforos Anastasiou and i am an I.T teacher us parts of our school project this year we are hoping to build our own satnogs based on a 5.5 meter satellite dish ,our goal is to fully be motorized . i will post some pictures soon . thanks
[/quote]

2 Likes

Hi @ELPIS – welcome to SatNOGS! I very much look forward to seeing how your build progresses. And as a Canadian myself, I approve of the purchase from the Canadian seller. :smile:

OH thanks i am sure we will make it ,just had a few questions on how many rpm should i have for the 360 rotation ?

and yes canadia products are the best :>:>

Look forward to the progress

Hm – if I understand correctly, you’re asking how fast the antenna needs to rotate? If that’s correct, I’m not sure I know the answer…I think it would depend on the orbit of the satellite being tracked. Sorry I don’t have a better answer, but I have not built a rotator yet.

If I have not understood your question correctly, maybe try re-stating it and someone else may be able to help out here.

yes basically how fast it needs to rotate correct question . I think between 1 to 2 rpm will be ok .OH by the way the project will be completed by students i am a teacher so i created a group of 4 kids 14-15 years old all of the are exited :>

1 Like

OK got my answer yesterday :> between 2 and 6 rpms

HI one question are we going to need to buy a different The DC motor controller is Dual MC33926 Motor Driver Carrier for our system ?

i see that support up 24 volts but how about the amps ?

this are the specs of our motor

File:Dc motor driver.png - SatNOGS WikiDc_motor_driver 600x480

Hey!!

Also you can check here the analysis for satnogs rotator about the angular speed.

If in stall torque the “Absorbed power (W): 60” in 24V means that the stall current is 2.5A.
According to DC motor driver specification, there is no problem driving the DC motor.

Ok thanks :):slight_smile: can i ask if anyone know if we can order the controler v2 completed reason i am asking is because it will save a lot of time and we will be able to focus on incorporating the satnogs controller to our custom rotator desing

Few updates:):slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello

Hello much help needed we found a company that basically want to sponsor us huge satellite dish for our project

we need specs frequency span,dish diameter, rate of turn(for tracking purposes)

Cam someone help us out :))

HAVE ALL THE PARTS NOW READY TO BUILD :):slight_smile:

1 Like

a few updates

2 Likes