Mounting TA-1 Turnstile and Winkler Turnstile

Dear all,
Could you suggest how I should mount TA-1 Turnstile and Winkler Turnstile antenna to the mast?

1. Can I have both antennas together on a single mast or should I have each antenna on a separate mast?
  2. I have buyed two RTLSDR wideband LNA and two Bandstop filter, so is it okay to use them permanently mounted and connected to the antenna inside weatherproof enclosure or should I use a portable lightweight mast and connect them only while receiving?

Considering the climate in Finland, could you suggest how I should proceed in mounting?

Would be happy if I get some valuable suggestions.

Hi @kannans Kannan!

Sorry for the late answer. The manual of the TA-1 says: Stay away at least 2-Meters from metallic material. For testing i removed everything and mounted the TA-1 on top. Only one dipole leg is ending there.

I am awaiting my Winkler crossed dipole for 435 MHz. So I plan to mount it with a sidearm or on the running rail.

Have a look at my setup report. My actual groundstation is also linked there:

Setup report

73 Oliver

2 Likes

Thank you oliver for your suggestions. It is really helpful.

1 Like

I mounted my TA-1 on a TV fascia mount (l bracket) with u-bolts.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNP-yzE4BqSc3Wxyl_DLP23zkTFfZhMEAYXvOE2d7vGSS4CGR7YxoMXmA20EzqByw/photo/AF1QipPr9c7y9AiNd8cmD0nvm3Qj6--mnyThYC-H9UNB?key=cENPSEZCMGRmV0JjUW5kbGVGTE5EOENCV3Z1M1BR

3 Likes

Thank you for the pictures. It look pretty good. I got some idea on suitable mounting of the antennas. I appreciate it.

1 Like

Very good! The bird :grinning: !

73 Oliver

2 Likes