Is micro-stepping supported in latest SW?

I tried adding the jumpers and R4/R7 to allow for micro-stepping. I cannot find in the software where to change the stepper stepping value (from 1 to the full 1/32 steps).

Can anyone show me where in the software the flag is for micro-stepping please?

Thanks,

Herb

1 Like

Can anyone tell me where to change the microstep value?

Have you checked this?

and this

https://wiki.satnogs.org/SatNOGS_Rotator_Controller#Stepper_motor_driver

Yes, I have looked at that. The problem is when I select anything higher (4x, 8x, 16x, 32x) the define is larger than an integer.

For example, there are 200 Step Per Revolution, so 4x is 800 and the compiler complains, 8x, 16x and 32 are all the same results.

Herb

Is there a problem with the software or am I doing something wrong?

Bump…

Is there a problem with the software or am I doing something wrong?

I’m not sure of the answer to this. @pierros, would you know a good person to bring into the thread to answer this? I see a lot of commits in satnogs-rotator-firmware and satnogs-rotator-controller from Agis Zisimatos, but I’m not sure if they are on the forum or not.

@herbsims one other suggestion might be to ask in IRC (whether in the web interface or your favourite client). Keep in mind that most of the developers are in Greece, so it may take some time for your question to be seen. If you do get an answer there, please drop an update in here and I’ll be sure to add it to the wiki so we have an answer to this for the next time.

1 Like

I am playing with the firmware now to understand it for my own custom use -
but what error do you get? If I change in rotator_config.h :

#define SPR 200 /*Step Per Revolution*/

to

#define SPR 800 /*Step Per Revolution*/

for 4x there is no error on verify compile.

I get an error telling me that an integer cannot hold the resultant. I’m not in front of computer to give you the exact error but something along that line.

Herb